price announcement!

Last Updated:

1. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. skylinepigeon

skylinepigeon New Member

this really sucks... can't buy it subsidized on family plan. Ugh. why do the phone gods torment me so?

3. alamoe

alamoe Well-Known Member

i predict this will fail JUST because of the way this is being set up

4. TheNorthernForest

TheNorthernForest Well-Known Member

Yeah, there are a lot of strict guidelines in there. Especially this one:

Like, really?

And this one is just irrelevant:

It's still a good phone, though.

5. kgronseth

kgronseth Member

So my contract is up next week with Sprint, I could switch to T-Mobile for a 2 year contract and get the phone for $180? Sounds pretty good to me as the Droid and 3gs are both $199 with 2 yr contract.

I see a lot of people complaining on the news sites. Am I wrong in thinking this is a decent deal for me? (since my contract is up).

6. ManMythLegend

ManMythLegend Well-Known Member

L-O-F'n-L

No thanks.

530 ? gtfo.
    or force people into changing there plans ?

You know what , thats exactly what Sprint did with the Palm Pre.
    I had a family plan with Unlmtd text and data...I would have been forced to pay an additional 30 a month JUST for the privilege of having the phone. Guess whos not on Sprint anymore ?

Screw Tmo and screw Google.

They arent changing anything. Quite the contrary this is Google smacking everyone in the face who thought theyd do something to shake up telecoms.

7. cgp1

cgp1 Member

I guess they set it up this way to not piss off their partners.

8. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

well my guess is that itll only be about a month before Tmo starts selling its own version of the phone but ya im not willing to give up my Loyalty plan which for the same price I have UNLIMITED EVERYTHING.... if they allowed you to keep your contract than the phone would sell like crazy!

9. Y314K

Y314K Well-Known Member

For that price

10. Y314K

Y314K Well-Known Member

With this pricing the Nexus One seems to be a bad Chinese clone phone for the original HTC Bravo...

What a cop-out...

And they delayed this from Nov. for this..lol

11. Y314K

Y314K Well-Known Member

Yeah... They just want to piss-off the buyers(well the informed buyers)..lol

Who in their right mind will pay $530 for the Nexus One if the HTC Bravo should cost about the same unlocked too...:confused: Ohh... Yeah.. Dumbaxxes!!!!:rolleyes:

12. ManMythLegend

Nexus 512 ram >> 256 or 320 Bravo.

But yes. Other than that not a big hardware difference.

13. Y314K

Y314K Well-Known Member

Ram on the Bravo can still be bumped to 512 by it's release.. It's not assure yet... Already went from 256 to 320...

But the micro sd card will be 16GB's compare to the 4GB the Nexus one comes with...:cool:

14. dougdroid

dougdroid Active Member

is the Bravo to support 802.11n and does it have the 2 mic? those were to things unique about the N1 from what I remember.

15. Y314K

Y314K Well-Known Member

weak... so no multi-touch cause they are scare of apple.. And no VoIP cause they are afraid of the carriers... weak...

16. Y314K

Y314K Well-Known Member

I don't mind not having 802.11n + 2 mic + 180mb of Ram although I am hoping HTC up's the HTC Bravo's to 512 RAM by release time..

I don't mind not having any of those things since the HTC Bravo should come with....

16GB micro sd card...

Multi-Touch support on most parts of the phone like the HTC Hero did...

High definition 720p video capture

Optical joystick

FM radio

DivX

Sense UI which has widgets that are no longer available on the Android Market...

Now those are some nice features...:cool:

17. Mykpfsu

Mykpfsu Well-Known Member

Except you can pay $229 and get the Droid with only a 1 year contract. You wont have that option with the nexus One and I dont think with the Iphone (could be wrong on iphone)

18. qsoundrich

qsoundrich Member

Ugh this sucks. I'm paying $70 on Verizon for the Eris, and they want me to pay $80 for the T-Mobile network? You gotta be kidding me. I think I'm going to go with the iPhone if their rate plan doesn't improve by next week.

19. kgronseth

kgronseth Member

True...but I think I like the Nexus One more than the Droid. I'll have to think about it more. T-Mobile coverage is fine in my area and I don't travel a lot so I'd be ok with a plan from there.

20. Mykpfsu

Mykpfsu Well-Known Member

One thing that has me doubting this information. You can buy 5 Nexus's on 1 google account, yet family plans must buy it unsubsidized. Who the hell is going to pay $2500+ for 5 phones? Thats ridiculous.
    $350 if you cancel within 4 months or you have to return the phone. HTC is listed as the maker so Google accepts no responsibility for defects.
    "unlocked" even though it will only fully work on one network.
    But this is what I expected the price points to be. Dont know what Google is thinking they'll accomplish with this. Its like they started out shooting for the moon and then said "Too far, lets go get donuts".

21. Y314K

Y314K Well-Known Member

Guess google decided to fail before they do what's needed to succeed :rolleyes:..

Till they add integrated VoIP & White Channel Tech.. Seems their phones will be a no better & maybe worst then what HTC is already developing...

Google better not blame HTC for their failure..:D

22. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

I have VZW too. If you're paying $70, are you talking about $39.99 450 mins + 29.99 data? If so, that's $70, but no txts. The $80 with TMo has unlimited txt in there.

23. Y314K

Y314K Well-Known Member

Google Voice gives u free unlimited txt.... :eek:

I don't even factor it into the plan anymore...

24. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

any leaks as to when this phone will be available to the public? i figured we wouldn't find out about price until Jan 5th, but that got leaked pretty early. hopefully the same will happen with a release date. if it doesn't look like there will be an HTC android released on VZW by Feb/Mar the latest, I'll switch to TMo. I live in Chicago (where my friends have told me they get good service), don't travel that much, and the N1 is an improvement over the Eris in every way, shape, or form. Plus, I'll be getting about $180 back in returns for my Eris since I never mailed in the rebate (phone, accessories, etc). So, that'd work out perfect! I'd prefer to stay with VZW for an HTC snapdragon android, but if no news leaks soon, its good to have a backup plan instead of staying with the Eris.

25. ManMythLegend

I dont doubt the infos accuracy. It is striking how Sony-like Googles approach to this has been. They seem to be under the impression that people will pay whatever they ask to have there device.

Secondly. If this is invite only at first Im pretty positive they max at 5 for people trying to ebay and craigslist the "extras" they bought.