• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I just looked at the TB on the VZW site tonight and it said a 2 year contract was $199 and a 1 year was $229. This is weird because on Friday/Saturday I looked and 2 year was 249 and 1 year was 319.... I do not get any discounts that I know of....

I'm still showing $249.99 and 319.99 for 1 and 2 year contracts respectively. I closed out my Verizon page (yeah it's always one of the tabs in Chrome) and opened it back up to make sure I didn't have a cached page. :thinking:

Upvote 0
My wife gets a "government" discount.. I probably should have stated that.. also, we are on a family plan.. Maybe that is the reason?
i get a govt discount as well. My phone cost me about $206 i believe when it was all said an done.

I work for USPS myself, does she get the 23% off data, voice, an so much off accessories

Upvote 0
Interesting. I had that in chrome too. I just checked it in IE just to make sure and well it comes up with 2 year being $199 and a 1 year being $229. Thats a $90 drop in price for 1 year contract....

Those were the prices people were getting with corporate discounts as I recall. If you don't mind, log out and see what the TB is listed at...

I loaded it in IE as well...no difference.

Upvote 0
Dad is a pilot for SouthWest Airlines and we do get a discount for that...but not $90...

EDIT: UB Yeah you are right...its weird how its only showing until now though...but what constitutes a "corporate account".

To get my corporate discount through USPS, i had to scan an upload my work id badge with my pic an name on it to get them to give it to me. I could have did this instore, but i did it online.

Upvote 0
Dad is a pilot for SouthWest Airlines and we do get a discount for that...but not $90...

EDIT: UB Yeah you are right...its weird how its only showing until now though...but what constitutes a "corporate account".

I'm not sure, but I think some people were getting that deal in error. I manage a corporate account but I have to log in through "my business account". I got a $5 discount on my upgrade for my corporate affiliation with my personal line and I'm not sure why cause I only get discounts on the primary line (which ironically enough is listed as my wife's phone number).

I'd jump on a 1 year contract at that price. You'll make money in a year when you eBay the Thunderbolt and be primed for the next wave of phones :)

Upvote 0
I'm not sure, but I think some people were getting that deal in error. I manage a corporate account but I have to log in through "my business account". I got a $5 discount on my upgrade for my corporate affiliation with my personal line and I'm not sure why cause I only get discounts on the primary line (which ironically enough is listed as my wife's phone number).

I'd jump on a 1 year contract at that price. You'll make money in a year when you eBay the Thunderbolt and be primed for the next wave of phones :)

I know....I just got to wait till Friday when my upgrade is due...hope it stays that way...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones