• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Price for UK?

Heres what i found.

Neuxs One specs: quadband GSM/GPRS/EDGE triband UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA at 2100/1700/900 MHz with HSDPA up to 7.2 Mbps and HSUPA up to 2 Mbps

The Nexus One's antenna supports four GSM radio frequencies (850/900/1800/1900) and three 3G bands (bands 1, 4, and 8)

UK operators
all 3g frequencies are in the 2-2.1Ghz band.

downlink...

2110-2125 3
2125-2135 o2
2135-2150 voda
2150-2160 t-mobile
2160-2170 orange

So yeah looks like it will work on uk networks with 3g as well.

Upvote 0
will the nexus one work on the network 3 uk? cuz im not sure what band they use and what bands the google phone will work on

Phone works on 850/900/1800/1900 GSM.

It appears from the link supplied by Google (GSM Coverage Maps | United Kingdom) all UK networks use either 900 or 1800 for GSM, so that's supported.

Google also says bands 1, 4 and 8 are used in the UK for 3G. 2100 seems to be the only frequency used in the UK, and that I think falls under both bands 1 and 4. So you should be ok, but don't take my word for it. Have been trying to figure out the same for o2, but it doesn't matter anyway, i'm not paying

Upvote 0
I've had a contract for a good while now and I've just used the same sim card in a number of phones including all the iPhone iterations, a few Androids and a Blackberry.

Pretty much got used to paying full whack for an unlocked phone (or at least an unlockable phone), but then selling it on once the next shiny phone comes along to keep my habit alive...

Upvote 0
Pretty much got used to paying full whack for an unlocked phone (or at least an unlockable phone), but then selling it on once the next shiny phone comes along to keep my habit alive...

About what %age of the price you paid do you get back? And how long do you normally go between giving in and getting a new one? Perhaps I'll import and just resist getting it engraved.

Upvote 0
Bit of 'how long is a piece of rope' question.

Depends on the quality of the phone and how easy it is for people to get hold of one. And how long I keep it depends on when the next whizzy toy appears and how long I can resist.

Generally though, I'll get back between 75-90% (on the first iPhone actually made a profit before it was available in the UK). You do, however, have to deal with the ever-growing number of hassles on selling on phones in places like ebay now. It's all a bit of luck and timing really.

So, after you've purchased the first phone, it becomes a much smaller payout to get the new best thing once you've sold the previous one.

Upvote 0
Be interesting to see exactly how much DHL charge. It also means you have to be in when they deliver I guess, or do they invoice you?

it shows you how much they charge on checkout, then you have to add VAT at 17.5% to get the true total costs, which pushes it to

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 69
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones