Prices dropping

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skiahh

skiahh Well-Known Member

Saw (and bought 2!) wifi only Xooms at Walmart online yesterday for $499. With pickup at the store, there's no shipping charge; just applicable sales tax. Important safety tip, however: If you walk into the store, their price is still $599.

Amazon's picked up on this and now has the wifi only tablet for $499 and free (super saving) shipping; and no tax.

Didn't check any other places, but just thought I'd pass it on if you hadn't seen it yet.

[edit: quick search shows pretty much across the board the price is $499 for wifi only)

Update: $50 off coupon for Staples B&M makes it $450. Wonder if Wallyworld will match that?

Advertisement
  2. skiahh

skiahh Well-Known Member

And as of today, the 3G version is $599 at VZW, with contract, of course.
    (That may have always been so - I didn't look at the 3G version)
  3. awells527

awells527 Well-Known Member

$399.99 + $5 shipping on Woot today (refurbished).
    Teknikscian and marctronixx like this.
  4. davehries

davehries Active Member

I just purchased one from WalMart and they matched the Staples price. I took the coupon in with me. I just showed it to them and that was it. They did not even keep the coupon. :)
    I would go back and ask for the Staples coupon price.
  5. Teknikscian

Teknikscian Member

Yep! I picked one up today from Woot. Should go well with the Epic 4g, and brings me one step closer to Google owning my life. If only Google can replace my Macbook pro
  6. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

I have a xoom and epic 4g aswell, heh ^_^
  7. skiahh

skiahh Well-Known Member

Nope, they wouldn't match. I returned them and walked across the street to Staples and bought 2 new ones!
  8. bourne

bourne Member

Bummer. Staples coupon expires today. To buy or not. Oh decisions.
  9. meinken

meinken Member

Bought a refurb wifi only, from Amazon Warehouse for $378, with free shipping.
  10. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

Now that is a good deal.
  11. Pizza33

Pizza33 Member

I got a 3g/4g xoom with case from ebay for $378
  12. bourne

bourne Member

Got a $100 off any tablet coupon from staples in my email. That puts a wifi only xoom at $400.
  13. skiahh

skiahh Well-Known Member

Yep, I asked them to honor that for the two I bought and they did! Woohoo!
  14. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

Best deal I've seen so far!
  15. FragDroidX

FragDroidX Well-Known Member

The 3G/Eventually 4G XOOM is now $599.99 full retail at Verizon wireless. While I love my 3G Xoom I am a bit irritated that it's now $200 less. I was perfectly happy paying an early adopters fee and didn't mind at the time that I had to wait for 4G. I didn't mind that I would have to wait 2 to 3 months and also liked that I would be getting updates first. But here it is 6 months later and still no 4G or SD card support and the wifi Xoom has 3.2 and the Verizon version doesn't. It's time to call Moto and demand a refund for the Xoom and Verizon to demand a refund for the data charges. As far as I am concerned there amnisty period has run out. It really is a shame because I really do prefer the Xoom to all the other tablets out.
  16. mjf1

mjf1 Well-Known Member

My wifi Xoom doesn't even have 3.2 as I am in Canada. This is starting to get really frustrating.
  17. rich_hopkins

rich_hopkins New Member

I did an "Open Box Special" at Staples for $449 - $100 coupon net $349!!!!. The manager said they have had a bunch of returns as people thought these would be laptop replacements and from a word processing/spreadsheet perspective it's not there yet. I believe the coupon expires in Saturday.

Rich
  18. Jake43

Jake43 Well-Known Member

How did you find out about the open box xooms? I was planning on buying one tomorrow or Saturday and would be fine with an open box for $50 off plus the coupon.
  19. rich_hopkins

rich_hopkins New Member

There should be an additional tag next to the price offering 10% off on open box items. If that tag is there I believe it means they are available.

Rich
  20. jvasquez2758

jvasquez2758 Member

I got mine off of Craig's list for 300 dollars yesterday. There is a person here in NYC that apparenty gets them on the regular.
  21. ORD84

ORD84 Well-Known Member

just picked mine up off of newegg, $479
  22. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

Do you think it will help with xoom sales?
  23. geetechfever

geetechfever Well-Known Member

I think it would be if the price drops further. People love bargains. We can see this from sale of Touchpad a couple days ago.
  24. GTbrewer

GTbrewer Well-Known Member

I found one listed on "Google Products" (Search for "Xoom tablets") for $269.00 (the
    Google listing said "$329 Online", but they also list one at Elektronic Mart (new) for
    $269.

Is this real? Or could it be a fake? If it's real, I'll be buying it really soon.....but if
    it's a fake, I don't want it, obviously.....

Link: elektronicmart - Motorola Xoom 32gb WiFi

Thanks
    --jim
  25. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

It's on woot again 349$ refurbished.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.