1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Primary Contact NumberGeneral

1. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member

Is the any way of assigning a Primary contact number for a contract who has multiple phone numbers since the 4.3 update? I had them set before and can't find a way to do this now. I'm using all Google contacts same as I was before the update. Could this be another bug or is it just a removed feature?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

go into the contact
    menu>mark as default
    then select the one you want
    AeolianReflex likes this.
  3. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member

Thanks! I was so used to pressing and holding to choose the primary I never thought to check the menu.
  4. beliha

beliha New Member

Why would they do this? Why would they make it harder to find? Not to mention less user friendly?

Why would I have to go through three steps simply to assign a number as primary, when before all I had to do was just hold down the number?
    Idiotic to say the least!

As a user interface design I'm puzzled, because to make this change, someone from their UI department actually took the time and effort to make this change to the worst!
  5. sparksuk71

sparksuk71 Active Member

Have just had a look at my contacts and
    still if i hold my finger on the contacts number it gives me the option to set as default

UK Unlocked
  6. beliha

beliha New Member

Lucky you. It was removed in the new update.
  7. lcook0825

lcook0825 Member

I just held down on the number and one of the choices is "set as default" and I got the upgrade last week.
  8. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

The clue is in the word you mentioned...... "upgrade"
    These initial posts were back in November, whereby in the upgrade of that time, the feature was removed.

Glad to see it seems that they've put it back in though.