12 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. Car Charger

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Last Updated:

1. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering what everyones primary method of charging their incredible is. Have you had any issues to note yet using alternate charging methods? When I was in blackberry land they always recommended not charging through the PC, which no one really ever explained to me why not, so I have been hesitant to leave it hooked up to my PC at work

Advertisement
  2. paimon.soror

just wondering if anyone has heard any reported issues with other htc phones and charging through the usb port. I am coming from a Storm 2 and people always recommended against usb charging

3. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

I use all 3. When not using my pc i use the wall adapter. When syncing files and etc i'll leave it connected to the pc and when in my vehicle i use the vehicle adapter. All 3 work just fine.

4. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

I too use them all as does jwm2. However, I use another method too. I have a separate battery charger for my other 2 batteries. I get down to 20% as I did yesterday, I pop that baby out, put in another one (boot time is absolutely lightning) and charge the drained externally.

5. Haelous

Haelous Well-Known Member

I use USB almost exclusively. Sometimes you need a faster charge than USB can provide or only have a power outlet available, such as in an airport. My car has a USB port, so no need for a car adapter. USB ports are more available and convenient than power outlets.

6. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

takes me 3x as long to charge via usb. makes me gwumpy.

7. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

What? How did you get that, buy a RR? I want one! Oh yeah, what do you use it for, can you play movies from a USB stick? Are you sure it's not on your Gulfstream?

8. Haelous

Haelous Well-Known Member

Haha. Most new cars have them now, like the Honda Civic and the Ford Focus. They've become pretty common over the past couple years.

I normally leave a 16GB flash drive in it full of mp3s.

9. geoffd

geoffd Active Member

10. cb85215

cb85215 Active Member

lol...Yeah...it's on the Gulfstream....That's the ticket..:D

11. Iam918

Iam918 Well-Known Member

(Almost) exclusively via USB due to having it plugged in most of the day to my work computer. Only time, so far, I have not used USB was for the first charge.

12. jimbiss

jimbiss Active Member

I use all 3 methods just depending on where I'm at

13. This_Is_Kyle

This_Is_Kyle Well-Known Member

I use the wall charger. I dont think I've ever charged a phone using the USB and computer method.

14. jfunk

jfunk Well-Known Member

So far I've only plugged it into the AC adapter at night when I go to bed. Haven't needed any other charging yet, although I do have a spare cable in my car to use with a car adapter or at work if I need it.

15. mikewashere05

mikewashere05 Well-Known Member

All charging sources provide 5 volts direct current, what changes is the amperage. One USB socket can provide up to about half an amp (500mA), anyone have their AC charger to see what it provides? I couldn't imagine much more.

16. esmail

esmail Well-Known Member

Is charging via AC wall charger that came with the Incredible faster than via USB through the computer? They are both USB after all, so I'm curious.

I guess there's more power via the wall => faster?

Oh, I guess while I'm at this: what about the speed of car charging? I am thinking of getting a cigarette lighter to USB converter and then using the USB cable to charge.

17. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Haha, I have a USB port on my car as well (I own a Civic). I haven't thought about using that for charging though since my iPod is hooked up onto it.

I use either USB charging (through my laptop) or use the AC adaptor if I want a faster charge.

18. Callahan

Callahan Well-Known Member

The HTC wall AC adapter is 1amp. A typical USB port on a computer is 500 ma, so the wall charger is faster due to the higher current. A car charger can be as strong as a wall charger depending the one you buy.

19. paimon.soror

I assume that the current from the wall charger would be a bit greater than the current from a usb port.