1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Prime rom: UPDATED 3/5/12{ADDED REBOOT,RECOVERY,AND DOWNLOAD OPTIONS TO POWER BUTTON MENU}

1. cwgraf71

cwgraf71 Well-Known Member

I don't seem to be getting the ....PLACE THE ZIP FILE NAMED "BOOTANIMATION.ZIP" IN DATA/LOCAL.

What am I doing wrong?
  2. Davegrow

Davegrow Well-Known Member

cwgraf71 likes this.
  3. cwgraf71

4. Loota

Loota Well-Known Member

Yes once your phone is rooted it will stay rooted but in this case root also means / which is your "root directory" and for es file explorer you need to edit its settings to allow it to access those folders and files.

You will also need to mount it so that as dave said you have r/w permissions (this means you can read and write) instead of what you normally have before checking this option which is r/o (read only which means you can't alter things).

The correct directory is /data/local which means go all the way back to the root directory '/' then data then local.. it sounds like you are in the right place... if you're not seeing a bootanimation.zip there its because you haven't put one there or you're not using a rom that automatically installs one there for you. Alternatively you could put that bootanimation.zip in /system/media but then you should rename the current bootanimation.zip and back it up... but you're really better off putting it in /data/local its a much more elegant solution and if there is a bootanimation.zip there it will override any bootani that's in /system/media anyway..
    cwgraf71 likes this.
  5. Seansung

Seansung Active Member

you also have to be sure that you went into ES File Explorer Settings and checkmark the "Up to Root" option under Path Settings to be able to be able to view/access the ROOT directory. You will also need to checkmark the "Root Explorer" and "Mount File System" options under the Root Settings farther down on the same page...

When you first open ES File Explorer, it takes you to the SD Card dir... you need to press the UP^ button to now access the ROOT dir. Once you get to root directory, you will see a data folder if you scroll down, then a local folder inside there, and finally your bootanimation.zip file inside the local folder! :)
    I hope this all makes sense.
    cwgraf71 likes this.
  6. kingjames2.0

kingjames2.0 Member

Man I've been, waiting for this you are completely awesome! Thank you DaveGrow, downloading now. this...................is......................Awesome! (in my 300 voice)
  7. Loota

Loota Well-Known Member

OOOOoooohhh very nice ty Dave grow
  8. johnny424

johnny424 Well-Known Member

lol nice bro..i was wondering when someone would add that power.menu...tired of using a widget
  9. cwgraf71

Still just learning....my question is.....What is the best method to updating/upgrading to newer versions of the ROM? Do I have to start all over? (my best guess is no, maybe drop Rom in SDCARD/CLOCKWORKMOD/BACKUP and Reboot to updated?) :eek:
  10. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Well-Known Member

It requires a advance system restore so heres what ya do

Boot into cwm
    select "backup and restore"
    select "Advance restore"
    choose the updated Prime ROM
    select "restore system"
    cwgraf71 likes this.
  11. Liquidplmr

Liquidplmr Member

Anyone else having download failures?
  12. joeydomina

joeydomina Well-Known Member

I'm getting md5 mismatch. trying to solve that as we speak...
    (nevermind I figured it out)
  13. cwgraf71

hey guys my brain is a little fried as I am trying to work out this problem at 3am. I don't remember the steps I took to install the rom but this is an upgrade/update already copied the folder with the 4.0 rom....now what reboot and select therecovery or bot image am I suppose to do something with cwm?? Maybe I need sleep. :eek:

ok figured quick boot can get me there, I want to restore system but before I want to wipe data /factory?

Ok did the recovery but didn't wipe, going to try once I hit 100% on the battery. Got scared for a minute when it didn't come up right away, most everything seems to be working fine (battery indicator problem still there but isn't beeping at me all the time now. the charging and connection to PC is working good now) going to get some sleep what a night.
  14. cwgraf71

I just got an "Error while formatting /system?"

OK, now it did the restore but I am only getting the notification bar and the unlock screen works shows boost logo???

Ok back up and running, THANK YOU chevanlol360!!!
  15. nookupeous

nookupeous New Member

I everything about this ROM it's absolutely wonderful and everyone who is involved has put a lot of work in I can tell. But there's one thing that has been troubling me. I have been experiencing slow 3g speeds on this vs mrreerom and star I have tested with the same apps tweaks etc installed on the roms and with none at all. And I can't seem to isolate the problem. Would anyone have any clue why that is?

EDIT: Somehow the latest shevron which is supposed to have tweaks applied to make 3g faster is only slightly faster than this one and much slower than the last mrreerom. What strange behavior.
  16. gkak

gkak Well-Known Member

I find 3g speeds on boost change almost from minute to minute. don't think it has to do with roms, but cdma network
  17. cwgraf71

Anybody else having problems downloading the themes and animations?
  18. Rick1488

Rick1488 Well-Known Member

Hey davegrow are you still supporting your rom? If so I hope to see toggle buttons in your rom, but any news on what your workng on would be cool too.

Edit: All your themes are dead
  19. iNTeNSE305

iNTeNSE305 Member

Link for V4.0 Prime ROM is down.:( Can Anyone upload a link for the ROM, a BOOT ANIMATIONS, AND a UOT THEMES on Mediafire? Just rooted my phone today and trying to test this ROM. Thanks.
  20. casperischinky

casperischinky Well-Known Member

Is anyone else having problems with the link?I'm just wondering if it is my computer or what?
  21. iNTeNSE305

iNTeNSE305 Member

Yes i am, lol a post right before yours.
    hopefully Davegrow re uploads the links soon, or a user that's kind uploads himself.
    casperischinky likes this.
  22. casperischinky

Yeah I hope davegrow or another kind person who has the rom still and all of its files to repost them, I'm currently using $hEvRon Rom 5.1. & I love it,but id like to check the prime rom out
  23. casperischinky

I was just wondering if their were currently any other roms available for the samsung transform ultra checked around the web but I could be looking in the wrong places lol.
  24. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Well-Known Member

Nope your in the right place, here at the android forums. There are 4 ROM available to the TU and they are the Prime Rom, the star-ScROM, the MrRee rom and last but not least the $hEvRoN ROM
  25. Loota

Loota Well-Known Member

I've been holding on to this waiting to see if dave is coming back but I hate to see you guys hanging.. I don't have 4.0 but here is 3.5...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43332762/Prime rom ver 3.5.rar

Dave I hope this doesn't offend you me re-releasing your work but people just love it so damn much!