• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Print options

ok i download and nothing. Cant even find it. Also i am using docs to go and quick office. Both wont print. One says it is but then i get an error with xl files. Docs to go does print but 42 pages. You cant do print margines. Downloading from a secure web site does not work. This sucks. I reviewed all settings and there right. Has anyone had success printing from a secure site or web pages. And quick office as well?

Upvote 0
Haha my bad.I finally went and looked at what I was printing.
At first I thought the printer was spitting out blank pages.
Looking closer, guess what it was printing. 3 dots. Haha I typed something in front of the dots and it printed out.
I ended up on the last option, download then print. Make sure you choose the right printer and setup.
I fell for that one already. This is really way harder than it needs to be.

Cloud Print is not exactly intuitive!! A lot of nearly blank paper spewed from my printer before I realized how to use the Print Text option. You have to select and copy the text first, then paste it above your keyboard (where you saw the 3 dots). Printing the web page is not always successful using PDFmyURL, but it's probably the easiest choice when it does. I haven't tried the download and then print option. FWIW, I print to my wireless Canon printer.

Upvote 0
Cloud Print is not exactly intuitive!! A lot of nearly blank paper spewed from my printer before I realized how to use the Print Text option. You have to select and copy the text first, then paste it above your keyboard (where you saw the 3 dots). Printing the web page is not always successful using PDFmyURL, but it's probably the easiest choice when it does. I haven't tried the download and then print option. FWIW, I print to my wireless Canon printer.

tried that and it didnt paste.

Upvote 0
Hi guy's, I rooted my phone yesterday and noticed after switching to the new ROM I had, that I had to re-ad all the apps I had on my previous one I backed up. thing is I'm using printshare to print from my phone and it is the only app. that works for me (sorry it doesn't work for some of you). Yet I can't print from my phone on the new ROM without me buying the premium key again, is there some kind of way for me to get the premium key I paid for transferred to my sd card so I can use it with the new ROM I have? It's saved on the old one, but I don't know how to transfer it to the new one and I don't want to let the developers know my reason for wanting to do this because I don't know what there say or do about my phone being rooted. Does anyone know a way or should I just keep shopping around for a ROM I like and then buy the premium key again with the one I settle with.?

Upvote 0
I don't know why the developer would care, but if you want to do it yourself, just search for com.dynamixsoftware.printershare.premium.apk using a file manager. Once you find it, there should be an option for "install" (there is using "My Files" and "Super Manager").

Edit: Octavia, Just noticed that you posted this to someone else's thread. In the future, I think it would be better to ask a question by starting a new thread.

Upvote 0
Please disregard that question, upon learning how to add adobe flash player to my phone using root file manager, I came across that file you mentioned though there was nothing to install or copy from it (no premium key). I did find out from another response in a different forum about the premium key that actually surprised me of working. The reply I got was to simply try and print from the phone and when it asks to purchase the premium key again to continue on. I noticed that doing so that I didn't have to pay for it again, all I had to do was install it and was able to print from my phone, I never knew that if you buy a key from google play for whatever particular app. that you don't have to buy it again, that it's recorded somewhere on you're account that you've already purchased it. I wonder if others who purchase from there and have rooted phones know about this also.........anyway thanks for you're help.

Upvote 0
Please disregard that question, upon learning how to add adobe flash player to my phone using root file manager, I came across that file you mentioned though there was nothing to install or copy from it (no premium key). I did find out from another response in a different forum about the premium key that actually surprised me of working. The reply I got was to simply try and print from the phone and when it asks to purchase the premium key again to continue on. I noticed that doing so that I didn't have to pay for it again, all I had to do was install it and was able to print from my phone, I never knew that if you buy a key from google play for whatever particular app. that you don't have to buy it again, that it's recorded somewhere on you're account that you've already purchased it. I wonder if others who purchase from there and have rooted phones know about this also.........anyway thanks for you're help.

Yep, that's how the Google Play store works. Once you buy an app, you can re-download it anytime. If you should do a factory reset on your device,, which deletes everything, you go to the Play Store and all your apps are listed.
I also use Cloud Print. I have an HP printer thats about 7 years old, connected to my computer via USB. Cloud Print works great for me. While the setup instructions state that the printer must be turned on and Chrome up and running, I found it not necessary. When I hit print, my printer turns on and does it's thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones