Print to non samsung printersSupport

1. JesseBrown23

JesseBrown23 Well-Known Member

Name says it. I have a printer from my girlfriend that I want to print pictures via bluetooth to but says I can only print to samsung printers.. app or fix to this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. opalfrog

opalfrog Well-Known Member

If your printer is an HP they do have an app, HP ePrint, that works pretty well. I use it to print from my Note 2 over wifi.

They also have an app called cloud print. I haven't tried it myself but it seems to have some good reviews.
    JesseBrown23 likes this.
  3. Bosbouer

Bosbouer Well-Known Member

Cloud print requires that you use a printer that has been shared to Cloud and the host PC or server is up and running.

I faced the same issue when I bought my tablet last year. Eventually settled on PrintHand a paid app but very reasonably. It supports a very wide range of printers. There is a free to test version so you can make sure it works before you purchase
    JesseBrown23 likes this.
  4. athegn

athegn Well-Known Member

I use PrinterShare but it is more expensive than PrintHand; like PrintHand PrinterShare allow a trial to see if it works on your set up.
    JesseBrown23 likes this.
  5. JesseBrown23

JesseBrown23 Well-Known Member

Thanks, PrinterShare is working good and everything seems legit.
  6. Daviduk

Daviduk Active Member

But I don't have a WiFi printer.
  7. Bosbouer

Bosbouer Well-Known Member

If you do not have access to a Bluetooth or WiFi printer, using a Cloud enabled printer seems like the best option. Google Cloud Print is easy to use.

You can also setup a shared printer on a lan network... but then you can just as well share what you want to print to a PC and print from there
  8. athegn

athegn Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by Daviduk [​IMG]
    But I don't have a WiFi printer.

You don't need a special "Wifi printer" i.e. it can be any ordinary printer connected to a pc that is accessable via your home wifi network; your home network can consist of one pc with a wifi router attached.

That is what I have; one pc has an ordinary printer attached, the printer is shared and the pc is attached to a wifi router. I just login to my home wifi from my Android and use PrinterShare to print to this ordinary printer.

Please excuse me if you already knew this!
  9. RichardSeq

RichardSeq Well-Known Member

I find this limitation to be pretty stupid. C'mon Samsung, be different from Apple!
  10. acoolphone

acoolphone Active Member

PrinterShare here also and works great
  11. clitrenta

clitrenta Well-Known Member

I just bought an HP Photosmart 7520 I believe (WiFi) and this printer can actually be setup with it's own email address (hpeprint.com) so that ANY device can print to it so long as you know the address although it can be set to be more restrictive. Works pretty darn well. I can print docs or pics and it knows which is which and sends my pics to the tray with the photo paper in it. Very nice. ;)
  12. Eperez

Eperez New Member

Will printer share print emails?
  13. athegn

athegn Well-Known Member

I have only tried printing from Gmail but that works on the few I printed