Print to non samsung printersSupport

Last Updated:

1. JesseBrown23

JesseBrown23 Well-Known Member

Name says it. I have a printer from my girlfriend that I want to print pictures via bluetooth to but says I can only print to samsung printers.. app or fix to this?

2. opalfrog

opalfrog Well-Known Member

If your printer is an HP they do have an app, HP ePrint, that works pretty well. I use it to print from my Note 2 over wifi.

They also have an app called cloud print. I haven't tried it myself but it seems to have some good reviews.
    JesseBrown23 likes this.
  3. Bosbouer

Bosbouer Well-Known Member

Cloud print requires that you use a printer that has been shared to Cloud and the host PC or server is up and running.

I faced the same issue when I bought my tablet last year. Eventually settled on PrintHand a paid app but very reasonably. It supports a very wide range of printers. There is a free to test version so you can make sure it works before you purchase
    JesseBrown23 likes this.
  4. athegn

athegn Well-Known Member

I use PrinterShare but it is more expensive than PrintHand; like PrintHand PrinterShare allow a trial to see if it works on your set up.
    JesseBrown23 likes this.
  5. JesseBrown23

JesseBrown23 Well-Known Member

Thanks, PrinterShare is working good and everything seems legit.
  6. Daviduk

Daviduk Active Member

But I don't have a WiFi printer.
  7. Bosbouer

Bosbouer Well-Known Member

If you do not have access to a Bluetooth or WiFi printer, using a Cloud enabled printer seems like the best option. Google Cloud Print is easy to use.

You can also setup a shared printer on a lan network... but then you can just as well share what you want to print to a PC and print from there
  8. athegn

athegn Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by Daviduk [​IMG]
    But I don't have a WiFi printer.

You don't need a special "Wifi printer" i.e. it can be any ordinary printer connected to a pc that is accessable via your home wifi network; your home network can consist of one pc with a wifi router attached.

That is what I have; one pc has an ordinary printer attached, the printer is shared and the pc is attached to a wifi router. I just login to my home wifi from my Android and use PrinterShare to print to this ordinary printer.

Please excuse me if you already knew this!
  9. RichardSeq

RichardSeq Well-Known Member

I find this limitation to be pretty stupid. C'mon Samsung, be different from Apple!
  10. acoolphone

acoolphone Well-Known Member

PrinterShare here also and works great
  11. clitrenta

clitrenta Well-Known Member

I just bought an HP Photosmart 7520 I believe (WiFi) and this printer can actually be setup with it's own email address ( so that ANY device can print to it so long as you know the address although it can be set to be more restrictive. Works pretty darn well. I can print docs or pics and it knows which is which and sends my pics to the tray with the photo paper in it. Very nice. ;)
  12. Eperez

Eperez New Member

Will printer share print emails?
  13. athegn

athegn Well-Known Member

I have only tried printing from Gmail but that works on the few I printed