1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Printing from SGT10.1Support

1. jaypeecee

jaypeecee Well-Known Member

Hi folks,

Is there a preferred way of printing from the SGT10.1? It looks as though it cannot be done via USB. So, what about wirelessly? Either Bluetooth or WiFi. The app PrinterShare looks good but, so far, I've not been able to find a compatible printer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

JPC

Advertisement
    :
  2. bloodylipp

bloodylipp Well-Known Member

i just bought a cheap HP printer, it was really easy to setup and use. they have an app in the play store.
  3. ckelly33

ckelly33 Well-Known Member

4. jaypeecee

Hi,

Would that be the Deskjet 3000 by any chance?

Regarding the app, are you referring to HP ePrint?

Thanks,

JPC
  5. Suncoaster

Suncoaster Member

I installed Cloud Print on my Tab and it uses WiFi to print to my 5 year old Canon printer, which is connected to my Ubuntu machine.

For what it is worth
    Thorsten likes this.
  6. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Well-Known Member

Have you verified that PrinterShare does not work? I ask because my Brother printer is not certified to work with the app, but it works perfectly.
  7. thecoach1999

thecoach1999 Member

Try Brother iPrint. It works perfectly with my printer.
  8. Thorsten

Thorsten Well-Known Member

Good to know, thanks!

My main go-to printer is also connected (via USB) to a Kubuntu machine, which in turn shares the printer via IPP within the LAN. I haven
  9. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Well-Known Member

Thank you, but I am not the poster having a problem. I was just sharing that while my printer is not certified for Printer Share, it does work. The Brother app works as well, but that will not really help the OP here.
  10. jaypeecee

Hello Everyone,

Apologies for not having replied. I have instant email notification enabled but I received no emails letting me know that people had replied.

So, to try and answer the points raised. I haven't tried PrinterShare yet because I don't have a WiFi enabled printer. My current printer only has USB connectivity. In my naivety, I thought it would be possible to connect the SGT10.1 to the printer via USB. I have now identified two printers - both HP - that are compatible with PrinterShare. Thus, a new purchase is imminent.

Finally, thanks for all your replies.

JPC
  11. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

You don't need a wifi printer to print wirelessly. I have a wifi-capable printer, but I ultimately got it working as a cloud printer, connected via USB to my pc.
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-10-1/472699-printing-dell-v715w.html

If you are going to go out and buy a printer, I'd recommend getting a Samsung unit... then native printing will work from the Tab (versus depending upon the "Share" option within apps).
  12. jaypeecee

Hi Mr Lucky,

Many thanks for your reply.

I do need to use a WiFi-enabled printer as I don't want the inconvenience of having to go via my laptop. The darned thing takes fifteen minutes to get up-and-running from a cold start and I usually just want to print one page of A4.

Take your point about going for a Samsung printer. I thought on similar lines to what you have said. However, from what I could see, Samsung appear to have very limited choice of inkjet printers. They seem to target business users with laser printers, which are more expensive. Having said that, I'll take another look at their website.

JPC
  13. jaypeecee

Hi folks,

Well, I now have a solution to this problem. Yeah!

I purchased an HP Deskjet 3000 J310 Series Wi-Fi enabled printer for 45 quid and installed PrinterShare on the SGT10.1. Works a treat.

One happy chappie :):):)

JPC
  14. blackie_x

blackie_x Member

I have a Wi-Fi print share set up (d-link product). I have tried printershare and HP's ePrint and neither can see the device/printer.
    I feel sure there is an app that can do this, but the searches I tried showed nothing that gave me confidence.
    (From my computers, all print over the Wi-Fi link but use IPP and I have to give the IP address.)
    TIA.