• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Printing from the Galaxy Note 3 to Canon iP100

HaulinBikes

Lurker
Aug 25, 2014
I have been rigorously trying o figure out how to print from my Note 3 to the Canon Pixma iP100 printer. I have the generic Bluetooth installed in the printer, the phone recognizes and pairs with the printer but will not connect. Any solutions would be helpful. Also I know the printer and phone have an IR feature, but I do not know how to use those as well.

I have been rigorously trying o figure out how to print from my Note 3 to the Canon Pixma iP100 printer. I have the generic Bluetooth installed in the printer, the phone recognizes and pairs with the printer but will not connect. Any solutions would be helpful. Also I know the printer and phone have an IR feature, but I do not know how to use those as well.

You can use the PrinterShare application available from the Google Play store which supports printing through Google Cloud printing as well as Bluetooth & Wifi and other methods. The free version will only let you print a test page to confirm it's working.

You can also use Google Cloud Print directly from your phone.

How to use Google Cloud Print (Print from Android or iOS) - YouTube

Upvote 0
I typed out a whole thing about canon print service before I read about the OP's printer.

scratch all that.

it's supposed to allow IRDA - IE printing from IR port - something the note 3 has. have you tried that? I think you need the canon print app - they have one - I used to use it but today I use canon print service.

with 4.2 and above you can add manufacturer specific printer services - the canon version might include BT - I know it works over wifi.

but might want to read more about the irda thing - as that might work well too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones