• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Printing via USB port ????

Hi all,

I've searched through the Forums regarding direct printing to a USB connected printer without success :-( I've 'Googled' and found several ephemeral references to porting CUPS to enable this, but they are somewhat convoluted and mainly asking about errors being produced.

I use a Tablet so that I have the opportunity to take hand written notes (and draw diagrams) at university - something a Notepad/Netbook do not support without ancilliary hardware.

At home I have an 'old' Epson Stylus S22, (NO WIFI), and would liketo be ableto print to it. Since Android is 'linux' based, I was hoping to find a way to use CUPS to print directly via the USB port(s) on tablets - most Forum entries appear to be about phones and do not address this challenge. I have the latest version of 'Busy Box Pro' which I hoped would be able to introduce the relevant binaries, but it doesn't :-(

Can anyone please suggest an effective method to print directly (ie via USB, without a Windows/linux print server and no Internet connection). Any advice/experiences very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Paul.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones