Last Updated:

1. kmf

kmf Well-Known Member

I just figured out how easy it is to print from my phone to my wireless/blue tooth HP Photosmart C309 printer. No special apps necessary. Wow!

2. matt88si

matt88si Well-Known Member

That's pretty nifty. I was doing some work with a wireless printer, myself, but instead of it being Bluetooth-ready, it was only WiFi capable. After trying to print off of it using a couple apps, I just gave up and printed from my PC.

Now I do have a printer with Bluetooth-ready, but how exactly did you manage to print with it?
  3. kmf

kmf Well-Known Member

At: matt88si: My HP printer has both WiFi and Bluetooth always active. After turning on Bluetooth on my Electrify, I opened the stock photo gallery and selected one of the pictures. From that point: Menu>More>Print>Bluetooth. Then a screen opens up: Bluetooth device picker/Bluetooth devices. I was near the printer and "hit" Scan for devices (under Bluetooth device picker.) My HP Photosmart was listed under Bluetooth devices so I clicked on it. Then, I believe, there was a choice to print from the main paper tray or the 4" x 6" photo tray. I chose the photo tray and "voila" a printed picture. The second print was even easier, as the phone and printer were already paired. Pretty slick.

Now I have discovered a way with even less steps (now that the printer has been paired with the phone.) It works for a doc or memo as well. Have (in this case) a memo open: Menu>Share>Bluetooth, which brings up the Bluetooth devices list. When the stock photo gallery is open and you have selected a pic you will see a symbol (below the pic) with two diagonal arrows pointing upward. If you click on it, a screen comes up with options: hit Bluetooth, and again, you get to the Bluetooth devices. Again, pretty slick.