• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

printing

db86

Lurker
Sep 4, 2013
Can I connect my phone to my PC and/or printer so I can print from a website such as PG&E or bank ? (I need to
Print a bank statemen)
Also, this is my first attempt at posting, so please forgive my ineptitude or possible procedure flaws.
Thanks.

Hi there, db86, and welcome to Android forums. :)

If you give us a little more info we'll be better able to help:

. What kind of phone do you have? (manufacturer and model, if known)
.. What Android version does it run (if known)

. What kind of printer do you have? (brand and model, if known)
.. Does it support wireless printing?
.. Can it be hardwired to your PC?

. What operating system is on your PC?

Reactions: palmtree5
Upvote 0
Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. :(

I just installed and tried it. It sees and correctly identifies the HP Deskjet printer I want, but after I manually select its driver from their list, I get:

Error during setup

Connection error.

Detailed message: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

OK

And that's that. I see no way to enter my user name and password, so I'm stuck. :thinking:

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. :(

I just installed and tried it. It sees and correctly identifies the HP Deskjet printer I want, but after I manually select its driver from their list, I get:

And that's that. I see no way to enter my user name and password, so I'm stuck. :thinking:

You might be able to use the HP ePrint app to print from your device

Upvote 0
I doubt it. :( Remember...this is a Linux only household! :D (Everything I previously looked at for HP assumed Mac or window$. :mad:)

Out of curiosity, what printer is it? HP isn't very helpful when it comes to certain things relating to their printers and Linux but I just went through the process of configuring my printer last week using ... wait for it ... Linux :eek:

Upvote 0
Out of curiosity, what printer is it? HP isn't very helpful when it comes to certain things relating to their printers and Linux
I know--which is super ironic, considering HP's long, long history with UNIX. :thinking:

but I just went through the process of configuring my printer last week using ... wait for it ... Linux :eek:
On your phone?! And it works?

Oh, it's an HP Deskjet F4100 series all-in-one printer. Specifically, it's an F4150, but in general any of the F4100 series drivers will work.

BTW, I posted about my printing issue in the Linux thread. Check it out if you'd like!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones