• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Prioritizing contacts for identifying incoming calls

Marc_G

Feb 5, 2011
Indianapolis Area
Hi everyone,

I just did a factory data reset after a JB 4.1.2 update, and reimported my Google contact list.

Now when someone at my house calls my phone, the phone identifies the incoming call as coming from me, instead of from "Home" lime it used to. The house's phone number is included as the only number in a People contact called "Home" and is also listed as the "home" number for my own entry in People.

For some reason after the FDR, the phone interprets the incoming calls from this number as being from my home rather than prioritizing the Home contact like it used to.

How can I reprioritize this? When I see a call coming in from myself I start to think the travel and such!

TIA!

Marc

I believe I've resolved this.

I removed my home phone number from the contact named after me. Then I called the phone from home. It showed up as "Home" using the Home contact. Next, I put the number back into my named contact. CAlled again from the home phone. The phone still reported it was Home calling. Not sure what algorithm resulted in it using my named contact first instead of Home the first time, but for subsequent incoming calls it seems to remember the most recently used one present in People. So the little trick I did above seems to be holding.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones