1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Privacy Apps

Last Updated:

1. queencookie

queencookie New Member This Topic's Starter

With two children who love to play on my new HTC Wildfire there are certain things I want to keep hidden from them.

Mainly a few contacts and text message threads for those contacts. I had a great package on my old Nokia E71 for this purpose and hope there is something similar for my Wildfire.

Are there any apps that can do this?

I did find one but you could only access it by dialling 123 (the number for my voicemail service) which prevented me from accessing my vms.

Hope someone can help!

Advertisement
  2. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

This sounds like what you're looking for: App Locker

3. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

I tried the test drive release and on day 2 went with the paid one. Excellent application. If it had remote wipe, it would be right up there with TealLock from the world of Palm.

4. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! :D

What are you using for SMS? If you use Handcent, you can set it up to use a pattern lock (similar to, but separate from, the OS pattern lock) to protect all threads (not individual ones). Of course, for this to be effective, you also need to disable access to the stock SMS app (for instance by using the "Freeze" feature of Titanium Backup (which hides the app entirely from the UI without having to uninstall it (which might be a Bad Thing for (vendor-customised) OS-critical) apps), but I am sure there are other ways).

I haven't looked at App Locker, but anything that's comparable to a Teal product is worth looking into! (...said the die-hard TealScript user who's still going through withdrawal pains after the switch to Android)