privacy/secret code/encryption APP

Last Updated:

1. muab

muab Well-Known Member

I started a thread a couple weeks ago looking for a good encryption App so I can send truly private text messages on my Droid. I got one suggestion for an encryption App that I couldn't find on the market.
    I found a web solution that I think won't really work for text messages (just too bloody cumbersome when I want to send a quick text message) but it is VERY cool for a free online service and I might use it for emails etc...
    socialock.net is the site.
    I tried using a "Password" that was a paragraph long and it worked. I would guess you could generate a pass phrase for your family or whoever that could be a poem or something and have encryption that is impossible to brute force...the equivalent of a 5000 bit key or something of that nature.

I don't go on facebook or myspace which appears to be the intended audience for this service but...kind of nifty for some of the things I actually do.

Advertisement
  2. cdjaranilla

cdjaranilla New Member

hi, can you pls send me a link to the web solution you found. im having the same problems myself and i would like to see if it fits my needs. pls, its for my thesis proposal. thankyou very much :) email: charlz_diel@yahoo.com or d.charlz@yahoo.com