PRL and ProfileTips

Last Updated: 2012-08-31 05:20:09
  1. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Just a quick note as a new Sprint phone reminder. :)

As Sprint's network is undergoing changes and updates, it's reasonable to expect updates to your PRL - that's the Preferred Roaming List file, and it includes your local Sprint towers plus roaming info.

Here's the tip ->

After any PRL update, always update your Profile (even though nothing will really change there).

There's no magic in the PRL, it's just a list - but we've learned from experience that following those two steps will often lead to smoother, faster 3G operations.

The only explanation any of us investigating it have ever found is: it's software and data, stuff happens, and that works. ;) :)

Advertisement
    JohnJSal, hodad37, kct1975 and 22 others like this.
  2. Kevin C

Kevin C Well-Known Member

Help needed please - been having awful trouble today and yesterday with my data connection (3G) coming and going. In the Sprint Zone Help section, it showed that there was a PRL update available that would maximize my coverage.
    I have updated the PRL and Profile and still get the notice that that there is an update available. Every time I run the update, it tells me that my PRL has been updated - Tap OK to continue. How do I know if I have the most up to date PRL?
  3. omiller315

omiller315 Well-Known Member

Not sure what is most current, but if you go into Settings-About-Software. You can check if it changes. I am at 25003, but I havent checked for update .
  4. Kevin C

Mine is at 25004
  5. epayne123

epayne123 Well-Known Member

Most recent is 25004
  6. omiller315

omiller315 Well-Known Member

Got 25004 after the update as well
  7. Kevin C

So it is probably just a Sprint Zone glitch that tells you that?
  8. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

not sure if its a glitch or not, but it has always said this ever since sprint zone has been on the HTC androids. it always said this on the 3D. as well, so do not ever ASSume there is always an update (either profile, firmware, etc etc and so forth) avail.
    falconey, EarlyMon and Kevin C like this.
  9. hootie

hootie Active Member

Mine is stuck at 24004. Is this a regional thing or should everyone be getting the same latest version when doing an "Update PRL"? Without manually loading a PRL file, I read you can dial ##873283#. Does that just simulate the exact same thing as "Update PRL"?
  10. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

hootie, just contact sprint and ask them to flag your account for a PRL update. they can initiate this over the air. everyone who uses the same phone (regardless of handset), when updated, should have the current PRL. its not region specific.
    PattiCakeUS and Granite1 like this.
  11. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

I read elsewhere that the 24xxx PRLs are Corporate Accounts. My PRL is currently at 24005 and I do indeed have a corporate (business) account.
    hootie likes this.
  12. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

But I have just learned it is Account type specific. The 25xxx for Personal and the 24xxx for Corporate. Or at least that is the word over at XDA.
    hootie likes this.
  13. hootie

hootie Active Member

sikclown, that makes worlds of sense. Looks like you are absolutely right. I just updated my PRL now too, and it updated to 24005. Thanks for the heads-up.
  14. hootie

hootie Active Member

And yes, I have a business account.
  15. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Amazing that this still makes a difference (the order in which you update)

with LTE switching on this weekend it is an excellent idea to update
    Granite1 and marctronixx like this.
  16. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

There are no classics like the oldies! :)
    Granite1 likes this.
  17. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member

My PRL says 25005 ... does it matter? Are the 24xxx better?
  18. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

I think the higher the better, when it changes to something, this usually for the better (in most cases).
  19. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip EarlyMon!;)
  20. mgk31

mgk31 New Member

Hi .. new to the forum and like others i have experienced low signal strength and missed calls, took phone to Sprint and they said they did hard reset and all was ok, i checked my PRL version and it says 16005, i have updated several times since getting phone and just wondering why mine is so much lower, any ideas?

Thanks
  21. Kevin C

Where is LTE switching on?
  22. EngineofRuin

EngineofRuin Well-Known Member

23. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

also watch for an auto initiated "network service update"

still a little unclear of what it did but mine just went through it and updated

many across those LTE cities have been posting some great screenies of LTE speeds. Unfortunately I have not found any LTE in Dallas yet :(
  24. desert dogs

desert dogs Active Member

Ok, I did the update earlier this week and had no problems. I also updated the PRL and profile after install. I did a PRL update just a bit ago and now I am getting "data call failure - error code 97.. Unable to establish wireless data connection." I got home and connected via wifi and tried another PRL update and got this message, "vDM client stopped unexpectedly. Send error report to HTC?"

I have not had any issues to date with LTEVO and now I'm not sure what to do...ugh. In addition, calls are not coming through. Just go to vm.

Any words of wisdom is appreciated! :) thanks in advance!
  25. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

keep trying...from another location 5+ miles away if you can. Your phone is not communicating with the tower (tower could be down or overloaded)