• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PRL and Profile

EarlyMon

The PearlyMon
Jun 10, 2010
New Mexico, USA
Just a quick note as a new Sprint phone reminder. :)

As Sprint's network is undergoing changes and updates, it's reasonable to expect updates to your PRL - that's the Preferred Roaming List file, and it includes your local Sprint towers plus roaming info.

Here's the tip ->

After any PRL update, always update your Profile (even though nothing will really change there).

There's no magic in the PRL, it's just a list - but we've learned from experience that following those two steps will often lead to smoother, faster 3G operations.

The only explanation any of us investigating it have ever found is: it's software and data, stuff happens, and that works. ;) :)

Help needed please - been having awful trouble today and yesterday with my data connection (3G) coming and going. In the Sprint Zone Help section, it showed that there was a PRL update available that would maximize my coverage.
I have updated the PRL and Profile and still get the notice that that there is an update available. Every time I run the update, it tells me that my PRL has been updated - Tap OK to continue. How do I know if I have the most up to date PRL?

Upvote 0
Help needed please - been having awful trouble today and yesterday with my data connection (3G) coming and going. In the Sprint Zone Help section, it showed that there was a PRL update available that would maximize my coverage.
I have updated the PRL and Profile and still get the notice that that there is an update available. Every time I run the update, it tells me that my PRL has been updated - Tap OK to continue. How do I know if I have the most up to date PRL?

Not sure what is most current, but if you go into Settings-About-Software. You can check if it changes. I am at 25003, but I havent checked for update .

Upvote 0
Mine is stuck at 24004. Is this a regional thing or should everyone be getting the same latest version when doing an "Update PRL"? Without manually loading a PRL file, I read you can dial ##873283#. Does that just simulate the exact same thing as "Update PRL"?

I read elsewhere that the 24xxx PRLs are Corporate Accounts. My PRL is currently at 24005 and I do indeed have a corporate (business) account.

Reactions: hootie
Upvote 0
hootie, just contact sprint and ask them to flag your account for a PRL update. they can initiate this over the air. everyone who uses the same phone (regardless of handset), when updated, should have the current PRL. its not region specific.

But I have just learned it is Account type specific. The 25xxx for Personal and the 24xxx for Corporate. Or at least that is the word over at XDA.

Reactions: hootie
Upvote 0
Hi .. new to the forum and like others i have experienced low signal strength and missed calls, took phone to Sprint and they said they did hard reset and all was ok, i checked my PRL version and it says 16005, i have updated several times since getting phone and just wondering why mine is so much lower, any ideas?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Ok, I did the update earlier this week and had no problems. I also updated the PRL and profile after install. I did a PRL update just a bit ago and now I am getting "data call failure - error code 97.. Unable to establish wireless data connection." I got home and connected via wifi and tried another PRL update and got this message, "vDM client stopped unexpectedly. Send error report to HTC?"

I have not had any issues to date with LTEVO and now I'm not sure what to do...ugh. In addition, calls are not coming through. Just go to vm.

Any words of wisdom is appreciated! :) thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
Ok, I did the update earlier this week and had no problems. I also updated the PRL and profile after install. I did a PRL update just a bit ago and now I am getting "data call failure - error code 97.. Unable to establish wireless data connection." I got home and connected via wifi and tried another PRL update and got this message, "vDM client stopped unexpectedly. Send error report to HTC?"

I have not had any issues to date with LTEVO and now I'm not sure what to do...ugh. In addition, calls are not coming through. Just go to vm.

Any words of wisdom is appreciated! :) thanks in advance!

keep trying...from another location 5+ miles away if you can. Your phone is not communicating with the tower (tower could be down or overloaded)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones