PRL FilesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. skeery1111

skeery1111 New Member

is there a prl that i could use for middle tn..

smokeynuts321 likes this.
  2. akashik

akashik Well-Known Member

It seems the best way to find one is just to try some out. I tried a few here in West. Washington and never found anything better than the stock PRL. Since re-flashing my phone last week I haven't bothered changing the PRL to anything other than what Sprint says I should be using.

At worst, the only issue I can think will crop up is that you can't get a signal. Changing to a different PRL shouldn't affect your hardware at all.
  3. artofkicking

artofkicking New Member

First of all Hi to everyone.

I have been trying different prl's (btw the guide is excellent).
    so far non have been better.
    Would it be too much to ask that people put down the geographic area they are in
    when posting what worked best for them. so far I have tried more than 10.
    I am in Norfolk, Va. or area code 757
  4. xPureEvilx

xPureEvilx Well-Known Member

Best thing to do:

Find one of your friends with a phone that uses CDMA like sprint, make sure its a real provider not Straight talk or boost. Then look and see what PRL there phone is using and try to get that one. That is prolly the best your going to do for your area. I have said it many times, There is no Magical PRL that will let you connect to any tower.
  5. artofkicking

artofkicking New Member

Thanks for the info. Just need to find someone who has sprint. So far everyone on att or verizon.

BTW .. I have found that so far prl 01115 works best for me. I will update if and when I find one better.
  6. Rippey574

Rippey574 New Member

How about posting your phones prl update website?
  7. danielbly91

danielbly91 New Member

i need some help here when i make the prl for my phone 61007 it wont got to straight talk it just goes to sprint
  8. danielbly91

danielbly91 New Member

can someone help me do my first flash an epic 4g on straight talk
    thank you for the help
  9. xPureEvilx

Might want to see if there is a forum for that phone, I am not gonna tell you how to do it because it may be different on that phone.
  10. danielbly91

danielbly91 New Member

11. fangjing80

fangjing80 New Member

12. mike160

mike160 Member

how do you know what your oringinal prl is?????? i know thats prob a dumb question????? im still a newb....
  13. xPureEvilx

Settings -> About Phone -> Status -> PRL Version

No such thing as a dumb question, you cant learn if you dont ask.

Side note:
    This is my 100th post on AF =)
  14. mike160

mike160 Member

is their anyway i could get some detail on prl? like do i need to know my original prlf? an if so how do i find it? i really dont know how to go bout doin it??? thanks for all your help........
  15. RedMurkal

RedMurkal Well-Known Member

I have tried and tried and tried and tried to flash prl with CDMA. Phone will not answer.
  16. xPureEvilx

When you connect, and "Read" on CDMA does your phone respond?

Can you transfer files to and from your computer when you hook up your usb cable?

If you cant do that, then its either that you need to get updated samsung drivers for your computer or your not using the USB cable that came with your phone. You cant just use any USB cable, they may all look the same but there is a difference in USB cables.
  17. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

What I've found through some experimentation is that some cables won't work when plugged into USB hubs or other cables - they have to be connected directly to the USB port on the computer. I haven't found any A male-to-micro male cables that just won't work.
  18. xPureEvilx

Ok here is your USB leason:

There are 3 normal versions of USB cables 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0 (there is 3.0 now also) so that covers the versions

Now there are:
    USB-A to USB-A
    USB-A to USB-B
    USB-A to USB 5 Pin Mini-B
    USB-A to USB 4 Pin Mini-B
    (there are also some odd sizes for special uses, but these are the normal type)

You need a USB v2.0 - 5 Pin Mini-B to connect your precedent to your computer for data transfer. A 4 Pin Mini-B or 5 Pin v1.x will most likely allow it to charge, but will not transfer data.

So basically just use the wire that came with your phone or buy a Samsung USB cable. Just because a USB cable worked on some old phone of yours does not mean it will work on this phone. It will most likely be a USB v1.0 or v1.1 and will not allow you to transfer data.

Hope this helps,
  19. xPureEvilx

20. dylanp

dylanp Well-Known Member

I was using 60711 because of poor service at work, just updated phone and looking for another PRL to try...i am in the maryland area 443 area code
  21. sweetb2006

sweetb2006 Well-Known Member

Never mind ;) for now...
  22. sexyington

sexyington Well-Known Member

ive been trying to find prl 60686, with no luck. can you help out?

23. stdroid

stdroid Member

I have a few questions:

1) I have a straight talk precedent. It is on a sprint network. Being that it is straight talk if I find another ST prl file that works with verizon will that allow me to use verizon towers?

2) is there a way to edit my current PRL file easily?

3) IF #1 above works does anybody have a 59271 PRL file?
  24. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Yes. You just have to learn how it's constructed. Then edit it in any hex editor.

Since it won't, it doesn't matter.
  25. killa4life

killa4life New Member

sorry im new to this ... got my first android and dont want to pay all the money to have it flashed ... if anyone has the prl for metro pcs it would be very apreciated ... i have a Evo 4g if the helps