PRL Manual Update

Last Updated:

1. williamwilliam

williamwilliam Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Finally rooted my hero to damagecontrol 2.07 and I must say it rocks. My question is, how can I update the PRL? I saw a link on another site but it was deleted on rapidshare. This was some type of manual update. I have tried to update it after I installed the ROM but it will not update. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Heaterz16

Heaterz16 Well-Known Member

What is your prl number currently showing? The most current is 60664.

3. blampars

blampars Well-Known Member

I'll post this again. ;)

go to link below and download 60664.zip, extract, and place the extracted file on your sd card.
    PRL 60664 - Download Included - xda-developers

1. you need to put the 60664.prl on the root of your sdcard
    2. open up your dialer and dial ##775# (be patient, might take a minute or so)
    3. it will ask you to enter your MSL number (Master Subsidy Lock), enter it
    4. from the menu it brings up you will be able to update your prl with the file you placed on your sdcard. it will auto recognize it in the dropdown list if it's there.
    5. Your phone should auto reboot itself after installing the prl and you should then be good to go.

If you need your MSL number call customer service and politely ask them for it. It's a 6 digit number. You should have no problems getting it from them. If they do happen to ask you why, tell them you need to manually update your PRL.

4. d0nc0l0

d0nc0l0 Member

just go to settings>About Phone>System Updates>Update PRL

5. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Lol, such a long process for something that can be done automatically with a click of a button.

6. blampars

blampars Well-Known Member

If you read his entire first post, he tried to update it but it didn't work. Hence asking about a manual update.

@NYC: do you have a better method for a manual update? Please enlighten me.

7. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

I had problems updating my PRL recently.. tried 2 times and it downgraded to an old version and stuck me in digital roaming mode.. all I did was keep updating.. it finally went through and is now at the current 60664.

for those that can't get it to update the first or second (or even third) time, keep trying, it will probably take a few tries.. those that get stuck in digital roaming, try a few more times, then revert to a manual update