Should This Be An Official PRL Thread

Poll closed Nov 14, 2011.
  1. Make This Thread A Sticky

57.1%
  2. Make This Thread The Official PRL Thread

92.9%
  1. demarsjcd

demarsjcd Well-Known Member

Heres my results. The highest speed I've had was some where around 3800. These were tested in the same location and in a short period of time. I also played with the cdma roaming selection in the settings tab. The automatic setting turned out to be the best. Here ya go. Oh and 3026 was slower than 3025 as you can see in the picture.

[​IMG]
  2. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Leave it on Metro only.

I get those same speeds on 3019 and hit over 4000 :D
  3. asheehanjr

asheehanjr Well-Known Member

I got 3G now! SWEEET! As soon as I updated to the latest PRL, I got the 3G symbol instead of the 1X, but it still seems kind of slow thought. I'm downloading speedtest and going to check out the speeds. I'm happy I finally got 3G!:D
  4. demarsjcd

demarsjcd Well-Known Member

Yeah yeah yeah lol. I was only at two bars of my 4g though and in a basement. 4k ain't to shabby though.i forgot to thank the guys who wrote the instructions. Thanks for your hard work.
  5. TattooedDroid

TattooedDroid Well-Known Member

Flawless yet again. :D
  6. Ære

Ære Well-Known Member

Home is the BEST.

Automatic is only when you know you're traveling outside the metropcs 'home' coverage network.

Otherwise, if you're in the metropcs home tower coverage, keep it on home.

If you have it on automatic while in the home coverage area you can notice delays in txt/pic msg and voicemails also voice may not work correctly because the phone is fighting for what towers to use.
    horsecharles and gbiggie like this.
  7. nailzer

nailzer Well-Known Member

I woke this morning to OTA 3026 on my phone. Tested it at work outside Lakeland, FL showing 3G and got .96mbit up and .41 down. :(
  8. Prime85

Prime85 Well-Known Member

I have pro 3014 if anyone wants it :)
  9. juan12456

juan12456 Well-Known Member

I'm going back to 3025. 3026 is a piece of crap. seriously barely makes it to 1.5 mb, sometimes its even under 1mb. w t f....... i was getting 3.5 with prl 3025
  10. JayBondzeWell

JayBondzeWell Well-Known Member

can i have prl 3014?
  11. Prime85

Prime85 Well-Known Member

Sure ill upload it when I get to my computer. I doubt you will get 4g with.it though
  12. asheehanjr

asheehanjr Well-Known Member

I wish Western MA would get 4G for MetroPCs. Grrrrrrrr That's all I want for Christmas is 4G! lol :D
  13. JayBondzeWell

well. the samsung my friend has uses 4G and runs great
  14. juan12456

which is the best PRL? 3026 turned out to be pretty crappy. At least for me.
  15. JayBondzeWell

Its between 3019 and 3025 for me atleast.
  16. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

3018, 3019, and 3026 have worked great for me.
  17. kanaida

kanaida Well-Known Member

I updated to 3026, it worked fine and in fact I still have great 4G signal, but something strange is happening. Anytime I make an outbound call, I head the pre-recorded operator lady saying:
    "thank you", "thank you", "thank you" over and over...

can't seem to make any calls or receive them. any ideas? I'm not quite sure if that's the issue here.
  18. JayBondzeWell

thats quite odd indeed. why not try to use lgpnst to put it in and see if u see a difference
  19. juan12456

I live in Miami, FL and for some reason when i do a speed test in my neighborhood it recognizes Atlanta, GA as the closest server. anyways here is my result, this was done about 10 minutes ago[​IMG]
  20. califathug13

califathug13 Active Member

does any one else get the same speed in 3g and x1
  21. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Yeah. Just about every does.
  22. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

Woah. I don't know if you haven't notice but i really have notice a improvement with the 4g. I'm getting mostly full bar even at area where metro is not covering 4g. Amazing !!!!
  23. travioso

travioso Well-Known Member

[quote="
  24. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

Well yeah. Metro is refereed the home network as in, metroPCs home network
  25. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

also you might be in a bad/spotty area.