PRL Thread(Current 3035) Please Post New Ones Here When AvailableSupport

Last Updated:

1. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon VIP Member

Definition for prl: The Preferred Roaming List, basically a way of telling your phone which towers to connect to first.
    The PRL helps determine which home-network towers to use, and also which towers belonging to other networks to use in roaming situations (areas where the home network has no coverage.) When roaming, the PRL may instruct the phone to use the network with the best roaming rate for the carrier, rather than the one with the strongest signal at the moment.

Since a PRL tells the phone "where" to search for a signal, as carrier networks change over time, an updated PRL may be required for a phone to "see" all of the coverage that it should, both with the home network and for roaming.

Your PRL can be update via your phone by dialing *228 and choosing option #5(preferred roaming list).

3033.prl

3032.prl

3031.prl

3030.prl

3029.prl

3028 prl

3027.prl

3026.prl

3025.prl

3024.prl

3023.prl

3022.prl

3020.prl

3019.prl

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Special PRLs for the Samsung Galaxy SIII (work with other metro phones too).

2034 - Download - 4shared - terry darby

(Guide) How to update PRL

generate your spc for qpst or lgnpst here :)

Downgrading your PRL can be accomplished via the link above.

I can host also if need be if a link goes down.

Advertisement
  2. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS VIP Member

Metro just updated the PRL to 3032 ;)
  3. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

twogbsd and johnnyolivares like this.
  4. djslakor

djslakor Member

What's the point of sharing PRLs on here? Doesn't *228, option 5 get you this information anyway?
  5. Donte559

Donte559 Well-Known Member

No because if you have an LG motion there are PRLs there are specific to the Samsung Galaxy 3 such as PRL 2032, which I have flashed on my phone right now it works great you're not going to get that with the option *228
  6. Donte559

Donte559 Well-Known Member

It's not a mind blowing difference as far as download and upload speed but it's always good to have the option to try out different PRL's depending on your area that you live in
  7. Ubercharrge

Ubercharrge Well-Known Member

Maybe it isn't for you but it is for me. When i download it goes for example
    1.22 mb to 2.11 mb then 2.77 mb etc. Fast enough for me, compared to 3032.
  8. g0lden

g0lden Well-Known Member

I've been using my Motion in an extended home area and getting 1x data. Would switching PRLs allow me to use Sprint 3g or at least get my ping under 800ms? And does this guide work on cm10?
  9. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

High ping is sorta the norm for 1x, on metros 1x I just got 821-893ms
    g0lden likes this.
  10. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

PRL 9033 should allow you to roam on Sprint 3G. That is, if it is in your area......
  11. twogbsd

And yes, it works on CM10 ;)
    g0lden likes this.
  12. g0lden

g0lden Well-Known Member

Is it safe to update the prl without being in a native MetroPCS area?
  13. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Yes
    g0lden likes this.
  14. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Yes, but you cant use *228 to revert if the prl sucks youd have to use QPST again
    g0lden and sammyz like this.
  15. g0lden

g0lden Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks for all your help, but I have one more question. Is there a way to force usb tethering while on 1x?
  16. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Try pdanet
  17. g0lden

g0lden Well-Known Member

Finally got it to work. I had to use a thicker data cable. PRL 9033 works perfectly! Than you all for your help.
  18. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

So your getting 3G now?
  19. g0lden

g0lden Well-Known Member

Yeah, and the funny thing is my 3g is faster than on my Boost and Virgin Mobile phones I've had.
  20. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Now i must try out PRLs, my phone hasn't even been connected to a PC yet :eek:
  21. twogbsd

o_O
  22. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

23. dakid27

dakid27 Active Member

will 9033 mess up 4g connection?
  24. g0lden

g0lden Well-Known Member

25. dakid27

dakid27 Active Member