PRL Thread (Current 3040) Please post new ones here when available.

Last Updated:

1. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon VIP Member

Definition for prl: The Preferred Roaming List, basically a way of telling your phone which towers to connect to first.
    The PRL helps determine which home-network towers to use, and also which towers belonging to other networks to use in roaming situations (areas where the home network has no coverage.) When roaming, the PRL may instruct the phone to use the network with the best roaming rate for the carrier, rather than the one with the strongest signal at the moment.

Since a PRL tells the phone "where" to search for a signal, as carrier networks change over time, an updated PRL may be required for a phone to "see" all of the coverage that it should, both with the home network and for roaming.

Your PRL can be update via your phone by dialing *228 and choosing option #5(preferred roaming list).
    3033.prl

3032.prl

3031.prl

3030.prl

3029.prl

3028 prl

3027.prl

3026.prl

3025.prl

3024.prl

3023.prl

3022.prl

3020.prl

3019.prl

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Special PRLs for the Samsung Galaxy SIII (work with other metro phones too).

Update prl using QPST

generate your spc for qpst or lgnpst here :)

Downgrading your PRL can be accomplished via the link above. I will add how to do it via LGNPST soon. :)

Explanation of PRL,tut,and links from Android Forums - View Profile: blaxican25 from his OP over in the Esteem thread. I can host also if need be if a link goes down.

Advertisement
    THE W, jtw1216, twogbsd and 1 other person like this.
  2. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

I think there should also be a link in this that says how to do it with LGNPST
  3. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

PRL 3031 now available have not noticed any difference in speed
  4. morgankslade

morgankslade Well-Known Member

[​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][​IMG]I updated to PRL 3031. Phone is quick.

Couldnt get screen shot to post
    Download 4.39 Upload 4.50 Ping 201
    Got numbers in this area twice.[​IMG]
  5. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

After seeing that there was a 3031 I checked my phone (Optimus M+) and mine was updated ota. I already have the most current prl.
  6. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

I just tried upgrading to 3031 and it failed! Trying again.....
  7. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Now it worked! :D
  8. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

9. gbiggie

OP updated with PRL 3031-thanks Sammyz :)
    sammyz likes this.
  10. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

Damn, did you deebo Blax's thread? :p
  11. gabyseverino1

gabyseverino1 Active Member

*228 to update...
    b20beast, chicle, nailzer and 2 others like this.
  12. HereticSins

HereticSins Well-Known Member

13. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Updated I bet they are getting ready for the arrival of the beast :D
  14. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

3032 is out fellas :D
  15. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

Updated. Results...

[​IMG]
  16. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

I can't check mine until i get home. My work is on the line so my readings well be poor regardless. Then updating their networks was the only thing that kept me from getting the s3 and going to straight talk. Plus i really don't want to give up my OG $40 plan :D
  17. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

my signal at work has vastly improved but i get maybe 1-2mbps on the gun. i can still surf the web, watch youtube, and even download files with no problem though.
  18. HereticSins

Wow, if I had your speeds and signal I wouldn't be thinking about switching carriers.
  19. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

dude why havent you switched yet?

have you checked out virgin. boost, or simplemobile? they may have better service in your area.
  20. HereticSins

My metro corp here said they were gonna launch 4g around sept-Oct here, so I'm still waiting on it, I am looking at other carriers though. Hopefully they do launch it soon.
  21. dulal18

dulal18 Well-Known Member

Got damn it why is that every time I update my Prl my network gets worse. And the 4g becomes even slower then the crap it is. I live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and even when I have full 4 bars the network is slow. And now after updating the prl on my connect it shows 1005 lol. Going to do it manually hopefully someone already posted the new prl.
  22. qandres12

qandres12 Well-Known Member

so i totally forgot how to actually grab the prl off the phone using qpst, i remember telling someone how to do it awhile back on some thread but i cant seem to find it anymore. cant anyone send me a link showing the instructions of how to grab the new prl off the phone so it can be shared? I already know how to swap prl's already so i dont need that

Edit: nevermind -_- i found it lol right when i already made the post too xD
  23. AndroidDroidOne

AndroidDroidOne Well-Known Member

What part of Cali are you in? Most of Cali has 4G, but there are places that are well populated that are not covered such as Fresno, Santa Barbara, San Diego.
  24. Carol2

Carol2 Active Member

Is there a place in Settings (or elsewhere) that shows the PRL installed on my phone? If so, please post the path to finding it. I did dial *228, Option 5, and assume I am current, but would like to know how to see which PRL is installed on phone for future use.

Thanks!
    Carol
  25. gbiggie

Hi Carol:)
    Just go setting-about phone-status. Its in there:thumbup:
    Carol2 likes this.