prl update pop-up?

1. dchamilton

dchamilton Well-Known Member

I got a pop-up that said my prl was going to be updated and there was an "ok" button that I could click. I was scared of the unkown so I clicked the home button and haven't been prompted again.

Anyone else get this? Is it safe to click "ok"? Don't want to click something from boost that's going to unroot me.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

Prl update won't unroot. And even if it did, this phone will ALWAYS have root... We have Odin ;)
  3. SParker40

SParker40 Well-Known Member

Same thing happened tome. Its just a force of a prl update. I did it and it just changed my prl to 61009. Weve always got cdma workshop if you wanna change prls anyways.
  4. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

5. t4nkee

t4nkee Active Member

What's the latest corporate PRL?
  6. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

Do a Google search and find out.

Edit:

Looks like 12121 but I just did a quick search. You may find a newer one with a more detailed search.
    t4nkee likes this.
  7. pitotheface

pitotheface Member

:confused:What exactly are PRL's and whats the difference between the corporate ones and the ones that come to my phone?.....Just wondering
    GingerC76 likes this.
  8. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

Your prl (preferred roaming list) tells the phone what towers it can use. The Corporate one(s) include(s) some that are excluded to boost users
  9. out of ideas

out of ideas Well-Known Member

PRL=preffered Roaming List Its basically a list of what towers you connect to. The corporate ones have more I would guess because sprint gives preference to postpaid costumers and gyps the Boost and prepaid. So maybe you could get better service. Maybe not.
  10. ovniufo

ovniufo Well-Known Member

what is the best corporate prl for atlanta ga. im using 6007 so far is the fastest prl i ever found
  11. t4nkee

t4nkee Active Member

Will PRL's from other carriers work on Boost?

edit: I found this on XDA, it's for the Galaxy Nexus, but PRL changing, to my understanding, is the same from phone to phone. It seems easy enough if it could work on the Prevail.

[PRL] Verizon / Corporate PRL on your Sprint Galaxy Nexus
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1660740