Pro tip: use the trackball to take picturesTips

Last Updated:

1. dkt

dkt Member This Topic's Starter

Maybe I am the last n1 user to figure this out... Taking self portraits with the onscreen button is pretty hard! ;)

Advertisement
  2. bitxboi

bitxboi Well-Known Member

Rocket Science, isn't it?

3. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

dint even know. lol. then again i never take self pics

4. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

Errr no. That would be me :D thanks.

5. Faber

Faber Active Member

Good call. I basically just ignore the track-ball 99.9% of the time so I never thought about it...

6. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

Self pics??? I don't have a MySpace lol

IndivisibleP likes this.
  7. inspiron41

inspiron41 Well-Known Member

holy %@#$#@&^#@$!!!! i never knew that. everyone that i asked to take pics of my gf and me had a #$#%^# time using the on screen button.

-__- trackball taking pics is certainly so easy.

This is why they need to include a manual with things. i'm the only one that actually reads the manual back to back.....................

8. Bob Loblaw1

Bob Loblaw1 Well-Known Member

You can also use it to wake your phone up instead of having to hit the power button if you download the Screen Mode Widget from the marketplace and set it to "Awake Stay". Your screen still goes to sleep but it disables the lock which I love. I used to have to reach up for the power button and then swipe to unlock in order to use the phone. Now I just hit the trackball and I'm ready to go.

9. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

If the phone is only going to sleep but processes are staying active, wont it impact battery Life?

10. Bob Loblaw1

Bob Loblaw1 Well-Known Member

I thought about that. Probably will. I just installed it yesterday. Thing is I've got 2 batteries and I always have to switch batteries toward the end of the day anyway to get me through (I listen to music on it all day). I only use like 15% of the the fresh battery by the time I get home. If it does drain the battery faster, it will only mean that I have to switch earlier in the day. If I don't want that for whatever reason on a given day, it's one touch to make it normal.

11. phlojo

phlojo Well-Known Member

That's an excellent tip!:) One thing I am paranoid about is the constant use of the power button (I figure it is likely to be the first thing to go on this phone, and I want this phone to last). I have the phone on my desk while I'm at work; I don't really need it to be locked. Sometimes I have it plugged into the USB so battery use would not be a problem. (Besides, a battery can be replaced much easier than getting a defective power button fixed.)

PS: Your handle rocks! I'm a big fan of Arrested Development.

12. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

The Camera 360 app goes one better with the trackball and makes it the zoom when scrolled side to side as well as the shutter button when pressed.

13. HomerJayK

HomerJayK Member

Dame near impossible I would say - thanks for the tip, I don't mind giving my camera to people to take a photo of me in front of something but handing over my phone... that's a different story.