probably a stupid question re:google search barGeneral

Last Updated:

1. LukeTX04

LukeTX04 Member This Topic's Starter

how do i set the google search bar widget so that it opens in the dolphin browser? is this possible?

Advertisement
  2. Ty07allstar

Ty07allstar Well-Known Member

Make sure you have Dolphin set as your default browser. When you search, it should open in Dolphin.

3. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

That's a good question. Is the google search there tied to Browser, or does it just try to go to http://www.google.com/?p=searchwahteverwhatever.... it could be tied to browser, or it could just try to open the link, in which case it WOULD be possible to use Dolphin with it.

If you haven't done this already,

Home > Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Browser > Clear Defaults

Then try your Google Search. If it is possible to have dolphin work with this, it will ask what you want to use for default. Check the box that appears below your Browser choices (Dolphin and Browser will be your choices, you'll see), and then, obviously, touch 'Dolphin'.

4. TJTHEBEST

TJTHEBEST Well-Known Member

This didnt work for me. Hmm. What should i do now?

5. soulfetcher13

soulfetcher13 Well-Known Member

I don't think it will work. I uninstalled dolphin specifically for default browsing conflicts. Here is what will. Happen inthis scenario. You search will, or should come up in the native browser. When you click the link however, it should ask whether you want to complete using browser or dolphin.

6. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Yeah then it looks like the default Google Search widget uses Browser no matter what.

Has anyone confirmed that using the quick search button (Magnifying glass) next to Home/Menu/Back also restricts you to Browser, rather than being able to use Dolphin or others?

7. theacousticprophet

theacousticprophet Well-Known Member

Using the voice search (long press magnifying class), takes you to the google search result page using what looks to be the default browser. Clicking any link from there, however, will open it up in dolphin IF that is set to be the default browser.