Probably a stupid question regarding old Alltel phonesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. gatorbri

gatorbri Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My phone prior to my INCREDIBLE was an HTC Touch Diamond from Alltel. I want to sell it to make some money for Incredible accessories. Can this phone now be used by any Verizon customer? I actually bought the phone off Craigslist and activated it myself, so that should mean that the ESN is clear and anybody on Alltel/Verizon should be able to use it correct?

Sorry if it is a stupid question, just not sure how all this works with the Verizon/Alltel merger and all.

Advertisement
  2. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

If It's Alltel branded it can only be activated on an Alltel plan so your customer base is much smaller.

3. gatorbri

gatorbri Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Really, even though Alltel and Verizon merged? That is frustrating. I had assumed it would work for both since they are the same company now. Aren't they both CDMA? I'm not very good with how that works, but I would have thought given they were now the same company and both used CDMA it wouldn't be a problem.

4. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Technology wise compatible but VZW will not activate Alltel phones unless the customer is still on an Alltel plan. Page plus, cricket, metro etc can probably use it so you can still unload it, if I didn't have 4 Alltel phones sitting here I would consider it for a beater phone