• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem accessing notifications

That's just it, I don't get the drop-down any more. It just takes me straight to my control panel. If I hover over the notification link with my cursor I can see the CP URL- http://androidforums.com/usercp.php

Mine does that on a mouse-over on the word Notifications as well, but I still get the drop down.

No link on hover and drop-down working on the little triangle to the right of the Notifications.

Hmmmmm....

Please try clearing your cache and report back?

If that doesn't work - please let know which browser and OS you're using, thanks!

Upvote 0
Ok so this is still happening, it took a while for me to report back because I didn't get any notifications. I have one waiting right now, there is no drop-down available and the triangle to click on is not there. Clicking on the notifications link takes me right to my control panel. I did clear my cache and it made no difference. Browser is Firefox 21, OS is Win7 64-bit.

Upvote 0
Ok so this is still happening, it took a while for me to report back because I didn't get any notifications. I have one waiting right now, there is no drop-down available and the triangle to click on is not there. Clicking on the notifications link takes me right to my control panel. I did clear my cache and it made no difference. Browser is Firefox 21, OS is Win7 64-bit.

You should be able to just click the number there

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Weird. :(

Ok - maybe try various settings under Content, advanced Javascript. Also under the Advanced tab on mine, I'm using hardware acceleration.

I'm also up-to-date on Adobe Flash although - pretty darned sure that's just Javascript up there, not anything to do with Flash.

But I'm just tossing that out there because in my experience, you just never know about side-effects with configuration differences. And I know that sounds lame but there it is. :eek:

Upvote 0
Weird. :(

Ok - maybe try various settings under Content, advanced Javascript. Also under the Advanced tab on mine, I'm using hardware acceleration.

I'm also up-to-date on Adobe Flash although - pretty darned sure that's just Javascript up there, not anything to do with Flash.

But I'm just tossing that out there because in my experience, you just never know about side-effects with configuration differences. And I know that sounds lame but there it is. :eek:

I was able to reproduce the problem by disabling Javascript altogether (Firefox 22, Arch Linux)

So, make sure Javascript is enabled and you should be good to go! :)

Reproduced on Chrome 30 on the same OS

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones