problem adding contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. katamari

katamari Active Member This Topic's Starter

I currently sync my contacts with gmail and Facebook. When I manually add another phone number, it doesn't show up in my contacts. What am I doing wrong? How do I manually add contacts?

Advertisement
  2. yakboy

yakboy Well-Known Member

are you using any filters against your gmail account? As on only displaying Friends?

Its your phone set to sync? If you're getting gmail notifications then the answer is yes.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

3. katamari

katamari Active Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, I filter out contacts without phone numbers. It weeds out the facebook contacts that don't have a phone number on their profile. However, It does not allow me to manually edit and add a phone number to a facebook-synced contact in my contacts list.

4. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member

It won't let you edit anything that was imported from Facebook. What I did was add a separate contact with the other phone number/info and "merged" the Facebook contact to the new one.

Now it shows me two halves of the contact, the top half is editable (name, phone number, etc.) but the bottom Facebook half is not.

NOTE: The only thing that still sucks is that the name that I put for my contacts is overridden by the name imported from Facebook. A little annoying since I know some of my friends by their middle names/nicknames and I struggle looking through contacts for them because they have their full name listed in Facebook.