• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problem After flashing clockwork from amon

I113GAL

Lurker
Oct 19, 2010
im using 2.1 on evo origionally rooted with unrevoked3 i finally got clockwork mod to flash i wanted to try fresh mod v3.3.0.1. That worked but i didnt really like it and there were no apps so i powerd up using vol dwn and pwr and i restored through nandroid says clockworkmod recovery v2.5.0.1 to a backup i saved yesterday from just rooting unrevoked i guess comes with clockworkmod? im left with a evo with a blank home screen when i try to connect to pc nothing pops up set default to disk drive tried usb debug and it wont recognize market wont evn download n e thing. PLz someone help me

So you have a nandroid backup that you created in AMON RA but now you have Clockwork?

If so, download this file:

http://downloads.unrevoked.com/forever/recovery/amon-ra/PC36IMG.ZIP

Do NOT unzip it or change the name. Put it directly on the root of your SD card. (not in any file folder)

Turn your phone off

Boot into HBOOT (hold volume down and power buttons)

It might take a couple minutes to load, when it asks if you want to update select yes and push the power button.

When it's done it will ask you to reboot. Select yes and push the power button.

Go into your SD card and delete the PC36IMG.zip file that you put in there earlier.

You should now have AMON RA Recovery back. You should then be able to boot into recovery and apply your nandroid backup.

I'm not 100% sure this will work but I think it should.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones