• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem after using Link2sd

eddydx

Lurker
Oct 19, 2016
I own a Samsung Galaxy J2 2016 Edition which only has 8GB Internal... Being a Samsung mobile, I'm unable to use 'Format SD card as internal' option... So I partitioned my 32GB SD card into DATA:26GB{fat32}|APPS:6GB{ext2}... And used Link2sd... Everything works fine but...

I have an app to hide media files called Gallery Vault... It encrypts the files in a hidden folder .DoNotDelete... I'm unable to move those file data into the SD card from Link2sd... And the App cannot detect the SD card's DATA also... Is there any workaround to get that data to my SD card...?

You could move the folder yourself using a file browser, but it won't help as it would screw up your gallery app and most likely you'd loose all those hidden files.

You need to see if the gallery app itself has an option to save the data to sd card instead of internal memory. You also need to be very careful with apps that encrypt your files, one dodgy update and they could be gone forever. I've seen quite a few posts on here with people having a cry through lost files.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones