Problem backing up Launcher Pro homescreens/settings

Last Updated:

1. cmotion

cmotion Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Good evening fellow Eris users!

So I'm having trouble backing up my homescreens/settings with Launcher Pro. Never had any issues before, and I probably do have a pretty recent backup... however, I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas why this would happen. When I try to make a backup, it gives me the usual warning about how I can't automatically restore widgets and will have to do so manually, but then gives me the message: "An error occurred when trying to make the backup. Please make sure the SD card is available." I am charging my phone right now, but not with my computer (i.e. eris is not mounted). Anyway, I've never had any issues before-- I did just update Launcher Pro, no idea if that would have anything to do with it. Going to try a reboot to see if that works. If not I know the developer is very helpful and I believe he has a forum(?) or at least email I could send. Will report back...

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

One thing to check: is your SD card full?

3. cmotion

Nope, 4.7 GB available... also the reboot didn't help either, hmm...

4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

If you have Astro (if you do not, you can do this by connecting to your PC and mounting the SD card), try renaming the directory launcherpro_backup to something else. If there is a file with that name, rename that. (Unmount the SD if you did this from your PC.) Then try to back up.

cmotion likes this.
  5. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem, just uninstall then reinstall.

cmotion likes this.
  6. cmotion

Thanks guys, I just flashed xtrROM4.2 and restored my most recent backup, which worked fine. I was just curious for if I make any drastic changes in the future and want to do a new backup. I will probably first try just reinstalling Launcher Pro and if that didn't work try changing the folder/file names. Was more just curious for future reference and to see if anyone else had run into that issue. Thank you both for the suggestions!

7. Mrwirez

Mrwirez Well-Known Member

Same problem.. Are you using Cyanogenmod 6.0? It started when I installed cm6... I think.

8. cmotion

As a matter of fact I was using Kaos v.34, have since switched to xtrROM 4.2 and could backup no problem. So my situation would seem to corroborate the cm6 theory. Good call mrwirez!