Problem caused due to Rooting my Wildfire

1. sofiablak

sofiablak Well-Known Member

I had rooted my HTC Wildfire. After few weeks my Motherboard got damaged and i had to get it changed from Service Center people as it was still in warranty period. But they didnt come to know that i had rooted the phone. I was wondering if I root again then is there any risk ? Did it cause due to Rooting problem ? & Can it happen again ?

Advertisement
  2. T.M.M.L

T.M.M.L Well-Known Member

Greetings sofiablak,

I'm not a developer or expert on the matter, but I'm pretty sure that all rooting in itself does, is allows you to have core access to your device. If you've followed the directions to rooting your phone, then it's highly improbable that this had anything to do with a electronic failure of your motherboard.

That type of failure is more related to a possible drop, maybe improper cables but more than likely, its just a defective hardware issue.

Hope this answers your question.
  3. sofiablak

Hi, Thank you for your reply
    So That was not due to ROOTING right ??
  4. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

If it didn't happen during the rooting process, no. If you started overclocking your phone to an unsafe level, then that would have been your fault. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, then no, rooting did not cause your problem.

Sometimes hardware just fails. A bad diode or chip inside the phone may have broken and would have done so if you had not rooted.
  5. sofiablak

Yes, I had overclocked The Processor to 768 Mhz. May be that was the reason ma Board was Dead. Now i will Root it again as it is still in warranty and i can afford to take Risk 1 more time but this time i wont Overclock it to 768 will keep around 600 Mhz.
  6. ChryzaorFlux

ChryzaorFlux Well-Known Member

Hey this is kinda late but still some helpful information

Im guessing overclocking to 768MHz was the cause but you cant always be too sure, when i overclocked to 768MHz my Wildfire just kept on having bootloops, after putting it in the fridge (1 minute) i booted it and quickly clocked it to a safe 592MHz

Now im currently running on 748MHz, the next best speed and it has been perfect ever since