Problem Connecting to PC

Last Updated:

1. MarkPharaoh

MarkPharaoh Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I connected my Captivate to my PC and had the following issue: The phone launches an "MTP Application", shows a USB Cable on the screen and says initializing. However, the screen goes black, back to the initializing screen, black, etc etc. Also, while connecting my phone to my PC I get the error that the driver was not successfully downloaded.

I'm an Android newbie and not sure where to go from here because I would like to get some videos onto my phone.

I am using Windows Home Premium 64-bit.

Advertisement
  2. MrTony

MrTony Banned

Look at the stickies at the top of this forum, everything you need is there. :)

3. MarkPharaoh

How lazy of me, thanks!

4. MarkPharaoh

Did it, changed to Mass Storage, and got it to work without the MTP going nuts. However, once I click 'Mount' it goes back to my home screen and does nothing. Where do I go from here to move files from my PC to the phone?

EDIT: PC still wouldn't recognize the device when I used one of my two front USB ports. However, when I connected it to one of the back USB ports it worked properly. Kind of annoying since it's a pain in the ass to get back there.