• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem connecting to wifi!?

mikelting

Lurker
Jul 12, 2010
Hi, I know there are many posts about this already but the solutions on these pages do not work for me.

When my wifi scans on my HTC hero my router is not picked up (even though im sitting right next to it). I also tried adding it myself and when I had completed that it just says "not in range, remembered" or something.

Based on the solutions on other pages, my Regulatory Domain is on 11. (the only other option being 13)

Other solutions involved doing something with the router, but I have no clue how to do that.
So detailed answers please?
Thankyou! :p:p

Based on the solutions on other pages, my Regulatory Domain is on 11. (the only other option being 13)

As you're in the UK, you should be using the "13" option to match the number of available wireless channels.

Other solutions involved doing something with the router, but I have no clue how to do that.
That depends purely on your router; each manufacturer has their own way of doing things. The first things to check are that the router is operating in the correct mode (either 802.11g or mixed b/g), broadcasting its SSID and using a valid channel (1-13).What's the make and model?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones