Problem deleting a widget app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by gino_76ph, Nov 26, 2009.

1. gino_76ph

gino_76ph Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    i currently have the HTC Tattoo and have recently downloaded a 3rd-party widget from the Android Market which i've added on one of my home screens. i didn't like the widget which i then deleted. when i got back on my home screen it says "problem loading the widget". how can i permanently delete widgets and gadgets easily without having to resort to resetting the whole device?

Advertisement
  2. gino_76ph

gino_76ph Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    yup i did uninstalled it but the same message keeps on appearing and it is annoying me!

3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian
    VIP Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    You uninstalled the application that powered the widget - but you haven't removed the widget from your home screen.

Tap and hold the widget for ~3 seconds, and your menu (or, at least the icon on the menu 'button') should transform into a trashcan - then drag the widget to the trash can to actually remove it from the home screen.

If you're a windows user, then this analogy will make sense:

It's a lot like this scenario: You installed an application and then manually created a shortcut on your desktop. Then, after you uninstalled the application, the shortcut on your desktop loses its icon and functionality....

4. marylou830

marylou830 New Member

Jan 15, 2010
    That worked! I just had the same problem and I tapped and held for 3 seconds, and poof! there was the trashcan. I love this site! I'm so thankful there are so many smart people out there!