Problem dropping calls while on GPS maps

Last Updated:

1. danepawll

danepawll Member This Topic's Starter

I tried to do a search on this but no success, sorry if this has been covered.

When I have my GPS maps navigation on and receive a call, I can answer the call. However, after maybe 10 seconds the call drops. Anyone having this issue? Anyone with suggestions for a solution? I have a stock EVO. I have not done the latest update.

Thanks in advance!

Paul

Advertisement
  2. meyerweb

meyerweb Well-Known Member

I seen some other reports of this, perhaps on another forum. I haven't actually tried it yet. Maybe I'll give it a shot tomorrow to see if it happens to me.

3. WordIsBorn

WordIsBorn Well-Known Member

I have had this happen to me as well. The only time that I was using google navigation, and talking on the phone, it dropped the call. I think it took a bit longer than 10 seconds though.

4. snowscum

snowscum Active Member

Mine reboot after a large amount of time using nav.

5. Bevo's Big Brother

Bevo's Big Brother Member

Tru dat! Me too!

6. way2success

way2success Well-Known Member

Something related. I was using my Google Navigation and was playing the music at the same time. Everytime the music was playing the Navigation would just stop and sometimes the voice said "GPS signal lost" when there were 4-5 bars. After I pause the music the navigation gets back to normal and tracks my position and works just fine. Anybody else noticed this? Any solution?

7. way2success

way2success Well-Known Member

I just read this on another thread that "data and voice cannot happen at the same time on 3G",so maybe that's why your calls are getting dropped since google maps is downloading data. Here's the link http://androidforums.com/tips-trick...-found-out-about-google-maps.html#post1050691