• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problem finding my apps after 2.2 upgrade

shaye30

Lurker
Oct 17, 2010
I brought my samsung acclaim to u.s . Cell to have the update done after first trying to do it myself on my laptop with no luck. Now I can't ssem to find some of my apps that I Downloaded from Market previously. They show as installed when i go into Market. Can anyone help me out??

I figured out how to find them. From the home screen you click on the menu choose add, shortcuts and applications. That's the only way I could find all of them.

I could use help finding where the default ringtones are stored and how to find a particular file by searching for the name of the file. Is there an app that can help me?

Upvote 0
I could use help finding where the default ringtones are stored and how to find a particular file by searching for the name of the file. Is there an app that can help me?

In menu > settings > search > searchable items, you'll see check boxes for several things which will be scanned by the search engine when you click the little magnifying glass soft key at the lower right of your device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones