Problem Fix>

Last Updated:

1. BigBadBeta

BigBadBeta Active Member This Topic's Starter

Will putting the Behold 2 stock that BH_man is working on fix the phones problems such as random apps opening and horrible battery life?

Advertisement
  2. bakasamaz

bakasamaz Active Member

i tested it out and battery's still horible. 6-7 hours :(

3. BigBadBeta

BigBadBeta Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is that standby or constant use?

4. mikenick42

mikenick42 Well-Known Member

I had mine fully charged and let it sit on the coffee table all day yesterday. The only use was 2 calls < 10 minutes total. When I woke up this morning the battery was completely dead. I don't know exactly how long the battery lasted, because my uptime widget still has the previous record of 17hrs. It's not usually that bad, but I don't think I've ever been even close to 2 days without having to charge it.

That's with BH_MAN's latest ROM.

Now it's sitting on my table and went down 5% in 1hr15min.
    Down 2% more at 2h10min

And when I wake up this morning, it's turned off.
    So, that's <11hrs to go from 80% to shutting itself off, just sitting on the coffee table. Of course, the battery says it's at 63% as soon as I get it plugged in and turned on... so, who knows.

5. btbarr

btbarr Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why, but I don't have a problem making it a full day with plenty of use on one charge. I mean background data is on I text a hell of a lot and make a few phone calls. Even use google maps with gps and still make it from 6:00am to when I got to bed any where from 11:00pm - 1:00am (college student) on one charge. This being on both BH_Man's rom and the stock touch wiz rom.

What I have done to improve battery life:
    1. Removed any home screen widgets that use data like weatherbug or facebook. I still use the apps just not the widgets.

2. Use a task killer and have made it a habit to kill all tasks any time I put my phone back in my pocket. (All so has an option to kill tasks when phone sleeps if you forget.)

3. Rooted phone and installed "OverclockWidget" not so I can overclock my phone, but so I can make sure it's downclocked to the lowest frequency whenever the screen is off. Doing this allows me to run it at it's highest when I am using it which pretty much gets rid of any lag problems.

4. I don't really use my phone as an mp3 player or use pandora that much becuase I do notice a hefty drop in battery level when i do use it. However, I do use the browser, facebook app, google maps, market, and other apps that use data on a regular daily basis.

6. mikenick42

mikenick42 Well-Known Member

Well last night when I left it overnight it only went down like 15%. So it's not real consistent.

7. s10shane

s10shane Member

how did u root ur behold 2? i have a lot of problems trying to do it to mine.

8. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Flash the Root kernel with Odin ( Revision 2 ). 1 step root :)
    Though I am Making a Revision 3 & will have it Posted today likely.. Revision 3 Address the Need to chmod 04755 /system/bin/su after each boot.