Problem: gmail is dumping tons of emails onto phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have 3 gmail accounts which I use. 2 primary accounts basically. Just got my droid and was setting my normal personal account up. I am coming from a blackberry, where I am able to get the emails, delete from the phone only, or both the phone and the server.

When I set my account up (have had to factory reset twice now), it automatically grabs 274 emails onto the phone. I have over 1k emails in this specific gmail account. 274 of them are either unread or left unread for various reasons. However, it's just grabbing the first 274 of them. I don't want that, lol. I want it that tomorrow morning when I have a few emails, I can go from there. Any help?

Also on my business email account, I have it setup on another gmail account. Basically it grabs my email from my host server and then when I email from that business gmail, it looks like it's coming from my domain. Is this going to be an issue as well? (again, I am coming from a blackberry).

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. dpixel8

Well, I set my one main account (non-work account) to imap instead. This pushed all the emails from the 10th through today in. Now however when I delete them from the phone, they dont delete from my gmail inbox, they just have a tag now that says "imap trash" :confused:

This is a PITA

3. dpixel8

Still not working. Any ideas would be extremely helpful. Maybe this software is just too new and I'll go back to a Blackberry :confused: