Problem importing contacts from SIMSupport

Last Updated:

1. floatingpoint

floatingpoint Member This Topic's Starter

I've had a look around and can't find an answer to this problem, or at least not one that I fully understand!

I saved my contacts from my old handset (LG) to the SIM card. I put the SIM into my Milestone and went to contacts, went to import/export and chose Import from SIM. It showed all of my SIM contacts, and I chose Import All.

At this point, a dialogue box with a progress bar comes up as it imports all of my contacts. However, when it's finished, they don't appear in my contacts list. It's set to display contacts with numbers.

I bluetoothed the .vcf file from my old handset to my MacBook and then from there to the Milestone, and chose Import from SD Card, but I just get the same result.

Frustrating! Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kev

Update: I've just discovered that, bizarrely, my contacts seem to appear when I type the name into the recipient box while texting... but still not in the contacts list, meaning I can't call them... and come to think of it, receiving texts from people who should be on my contacts, their name shows up. wtf?

Advertisement
  2. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

Try this...open the contacts app, select menu, select display options, tap on your Google Gmail account and then scroll down to "all other contacts" and make sure it is checked. Exit out of the contact app, reboot your Droid and test for proper operation. If that dont work you can try a battery pull and see what that does

floatingpoint likes this.
  3. floatingpoint

floatingpoint Member This Topic's Starter

Absolutely spot on. Thank you!

4. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

5. kumar.rakeshv

kumar.rakeshv New Member

hi, i just bought a new motorola milestone .. i had saved all the contacts on the sim thru my old phone which is a motorola A1600 .. now when i select import from sim on the milestone and select import all .. it shows its importing 189 contacts .. then just goes to the contacts menu and it still does not show them on the contact list .. but when i receive a call i get the name on the screen and i used to get it before trying to import the contacts from sim also .. but not able to see where these contacts are being stored .. pls help