Problem in receiving callSupport

1. inderjeetp2001

inderjeetp2001 Active Member

Hi all,

I am unable to answer the incoming call by pressing the green icon on samsung galaxy s. Instead, i have to drag the green icon to the right.

Please suggest a way with which i can receive the call in a single touch.

regards
    indrajeet

Advertisement
  2. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

This caught me out too the first time :)

I think you have to drag it.

Quite like the Samsung dialler to be honest.
    inderjeetp2001 likes this.
  3. krillo

krillo Well-Known Member

Maybe you can download another phone skin from the market. But this is really a feature. When you get an incoming call the screen activates - if you have the phone in your pocket you could, by only a button touch, accidentally pick-up or hang-up - possibly even without knowing it. This I experienced first hand when I had a HTC Diamond.
  4. drjmo

drjmo Active Member

Indrajeet, I presume you've worked out that if you open the address book, and swipe your finger right, on a contact, that it'll dial the first number assigned to that contact, or swiping left will start a new sms to them?
    FadeFx and StevieB like this.
  5. inderjeetp2001

thanks for the help but I had tried to download another skin from market but didnt find. if you have any please tell me the name of same. samsung galaxy s
  6. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

You can change the settings from slide to single touch.

Settings -> Call Settings -> All Calls -> Answering Call -> answering mode -> Answer Key
    inderjeetp2001 and StevieB like this.
  7. StevieB

StevieB Member

Glad I wasn't the only one as well!

I've had the phone since Friday and this morning I had my first incoming call...no matter how much I tried I couldn't accept it, pressing the green button and then sweeping it but apparently not enough!

On getting to work I read the manual which was pretty useless to be honest.

"When a call comes in, select Accept."

A bit of trial and error ringing myself from a landline it all came together. :)

regards
    Steve
  8. inderjeetp2001

thanks a lot. now it is working with one single touch.
  9. Kamalavalli

Kamalavalli New Member

Thanks for your advice. But still it is not working with single touch!?!.. It takes long time to respond to answer any call.. The new model of 2011 mobile is like this?? Really unacceptable...
    animaltails likes this.
  10. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Well-Known Member

Get an app called AutoAnswer and install that.

Also an app called "Easy Answer Button"

That gives you a huge green bar labeled ANSWER in caps. Just push on that and the phone works like a real cell phone.

these Android things are just toys for geeks, if you want a real honest cell phone, stick with the type we have before these things came out.

I have never been so frustrated in all my life trying to make this thing work like a PHONE, not a computer toy. Almost there now though.
    pictladycat likes this.
  11. animaltails

animaltails New Member

A BIG thank you for this information , was caught out on this point with my new phone , this fixed thank you :))
  12. magicM

magicM New Member

I had the same problem with galaxy S3...knowing that im supposed to swipe the finger to the right did not really help as sometimes it took me a number of attempts before it worked! very very frustrating
    There is an option to answer the call with a home button which ended this craziness.

The call settings in galaxy s3 are under the phone icon so you have to enter the phone tab first and then go to menu >> call settings >> answering/ending calls and select the option: the home key answers. Works perfectly!

Does anyone know if there is a problem with delivery reports for text messages in galaxy s3? i have the delivery report selected but i still don't get them... thank you for any suggestions
  13. pictladycat

pictladycat New Member

I got a Samsung Centura, and couldn't accept any calls, period. Not just restricted one. Slid didn't work, nothing. I don't have a Call Settings option I could find, but I did download AutoAnswer from Amazon.com. Tried to install it, but I had to enable non-Droid apps. Once I did that, it installed, and then I was able to change my calls to unrestricted, POOF - got ALL calls so fixed, thanks to your advice.:)