• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem in screen.please inter my thread

ok, and forgive me if I'm not exactly following what is going on....
What are you actually doing when the screen turns on then off?

You state you " keep my mobile away from my hand" ...what do you mean? --- the screen was originally off when you move your hand away, then the screen turns on briefly, then turns back off?

Reactions: Wise11
Upvote 0
When you're on a call, the proximity sensor will turn the screen off when you hold the phone up to your ear, then turn it on again when you move it away. When you're not on a call it shouldn't do anything unless it's being used by an app or setting.
The S5 has a built-in app called "Air Wake-Up" which lets you use your hand over the proximity sensor to turn the screen on instead of pressing the power or home buttons. I'm not sure if the S4 has this as well, but if it does you'll find in under Settings/Accessibility/Dexterity and Interaction. If it's there and turned on, turn it off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones