• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem in using Slick usb 2 serial library

deepthir

Lurker
Jul 3, 2012
Hi,
I am using slick usb 2 serial apk to connect serial adapters to android device.The app should work with any android device having usb host capability and running Android 3.1. I have tested this with Motorola XOOM and it works perfect. Unfortunately, the serial adapter is not even getting detected by the app when plugged in to Micromax funbook. If anyone has used this app in funbook please let me know whether it requires installation of device specific drivers.

Funbook Kernel version: 3.08+ inet-soft@inet # 16
Build no: 97F1-D1-H2-H01-MMX.20120330

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I could make the USB to Serial working for Micromax funbook

Steps:

1) Insert the linux driver module for the Usb2Serial device
For my case it was Prolific device; the driver for this device is PL2303.ko.

Sorry, since I am the new user for this forum, I could not attach the driver module here. but you can get the module here " forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1667129".
->Download FunBook version 3 from this site;
->Unzip the folder;
->pl2303.ko can be find in ..\FunSeriesv3.0\system\vendor\modules.

command for inserting the module in linux
insmod \sdcard\pl2303.ko

2) Run the SerialPort_1.1.apk
This app can be taken from " code.google.com/p/android-serialport-api/downloads/detail?name=SerialPort_1.1.apk "

3) configure the device for ttyusb0 and use it

Reactions: deepthir
Upvote 0
Without any drivers ftdi based arduino is working forme in stock rom in funbook.....u have to add usb host api support for funbook for getting apps to work with usb devices and i have add some files from google nexus one and my ftdi based arduino and ftdi to serial cables are working well with my tab.....:):)

Now my microcontroller based project can be debugged easily with my tab....no need of PC

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones