• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problem installing custom recovery

tongaston

Lurker
Apr 5, 2016
Hey guys, I finally decided to install the CyanogenMod 12.1 rom on my LG-L70 but I couldn't because of the problem I had installing the TWRP: I followed every single step (rooting, bootloader unlock) succesfully, but when I installed the TWRP (through fastboot method, flashing the recovery.img), later I wasn't able to enter into TWRP Recovery mode (some error, and purple screen).

What did I do wrong? Same error happened when I tried to install CWM Recovery, so I guess it wasn't the ".img" but the whole process.
My phone model is LG-D325g8.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english!

Hey guys, I finally decided to install the CyanogenMod 12.1 rom on my LG-L70 but I couldn't because of the problem I had installing the TWRP: I followed every single step (rooting, bootloader unlock) succesfully, but when I installed the TWRP (through fastboot method, flashing the recovery.img), later I wasn't able to enter into TWRP Recovery mode (some error, and purple screen).

What did I do wrong? Same error happened when I tried to install CWM Recovery, so I guess it wasn't the ".img" but the whole process.
My phone model is LG-D325g8.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english!

The purple screen is caused by flashing a wrong aboot file. Choose the correct one from this thread and replace it: http://androidforums.com/threads/dump-all-variants-aboot-files-and-how-to-flash.918174/

It has been discussed and answered hundreds of times. ;)

Reactions: tongaston
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones