• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problem installing my first custom ROM

Thanks for the info. I didn't know it would restore data.

Looks like something's not quite right; I don't have the thing like a target with crosshairs in my notification bar, and wireless and GPS won't turn on. Time to recheck the Virtuous threads.

Edited to add: Oh (smacks forehead). I just remembered Virtuous has a cleaner notification bar. Clearly it is time I stopped for today.

Upvote 0
you mean like this one?? pretty sure that is E911 location, which can never be turned off.

no idea about the GPS or WiFizzle

Attachments

• CAP201010221654.jpg
    CAP201010221654.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 70
Upvote 0
you mean like this one?? pretty sure that is E911 location, which can never be turned off.

no idea about the GPS or WiFizzle
It's OK I think, see above- they do turn on, but the notification bar icons only appear when an app is actually using them, and the target thing seems to be absent. It's not a bug, it's a feature. ;)

Upvote 0
If you use Titanium right and have it set up right you can back up apps, app data, and system data and restore apps and app data, and then selectively restore some system data (depending on the rom you have just installed) with no problems. I've done it MANY times. I did have a problem with restores in Titanium at one time until I changed App processing mode in TB settings to AUTO, Indirect instead of AUTO, Direct.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones