problem installing ROMs

Last Updated:

1. algershick

algershick Member This Topic's Starter

I'm moderately computer savy, I came from a HTC Diamond WM 6.x phone and flashed ROMs on a regular basis. However, attempting this with my new Evo has me stumped!

I am successfully rooted using Toasts method. I have Clockwork recovery installed and I'm in it. I do a wipe through recovery, try to install my ROM (Fresh's ROM) through the root of my SD, and I get nothing! When I reboot, it's just the standard root rom factory reset.

Am I missing something?

Advertisement
  2. robg2008

robg2008 Well-Known Member

can you say exactly what steps you are doing when you get to recovery mode?
    i feel the problem would have to be with something done on the recovery mode

3. algershick

When I get to recovery, I select to wipe and factory reset the device/ cache etc. Then I navigate through the menus to install a zip from my SD. I downloaded Fresh's .2 and have it on the root of the SD card. I select it. The background changes as it should like whats documented online, it says its opening the package, then it goes back to the recovery menu without completing. I select to reboot just to see if it flashed, no dice. I've tried this 4 different times with no result.

I even tried using my root-PC3whatever.zip and I get the same result.

Any suggestions? Can I undo my root and start over, perhaps that would solve my issue?

4. Emrys

Emrys Well-Known Member

I'm having this same problem! Could it be because I got the Sprint OTA update? But in the tutorials it said that it would still work on that.

5. algershick

I un-rooted and am starting over right now following a tutorial on XDA, I'll report back whether it worked or not.

6. Emrys

Emrys Well-Known Member

7. algershick

Still the same result after a reflash of the stock ROM to un-root, and starting over from scratch. I don't get it. I'm going to try to flash a different ROM and see if I get anywhere...

8. algershick

[UPDATE]

I flashed a differed ROM (Bugless Beast] posted over at XDA and it looked like it flashed correctly, but now I'm stuck in a boot loop...

[UPDATE II]
    I restored again and the Bugless Beast ROM is working! What is up with the Fresh ROM? I absolutely cannot get this one flashed.

9. algershick

Another wipe, another attempt to flash Fresh, and it worked. I don't know what the deal was, I really don't think I did anything different on any of these attempts. Running the ROM now, everything is working as it should!