Problem Loading ROMs

Last Updated:

1. andylsu

andylsu Member This Topic's Starter

S-Off, 2.2 leak from June maybe. Phone is working fine, but I want to experiment with different roms. When I try to use ROM Manager after downloading the rom, it will reboot and show a picture of the phone with a ? over it.

Advertisement
  2. Jonamerica

Jonamerica Well-Known Member

Try shutting down the phone and then pressing and holding vol down and power at the same time to turn it back on.

After it boots into HBOOT use volume down to highlight Recovery and press power to select it.

You should then find yourself in Clockworkmod recovery and should be able to install a ROM file (save the ROM you want to your SDcard).

You should also update yourself to the official release (leaked or OTA).

3. andylsu

I have tried that. When booting into cmod recovery I get the ? Or I get an ! With a triangle. I would update to the official or OTA if I could load a new rom. They all fail...

4. Jonamerica

Jonamerica Well-Known Member

If you're getting the ! then you don't have clockworkmod installed. Boot into HBOOT and make sure it says S-Off at the top.

Then follow the directions on public:forever [RootWiki] for installing clockworkmod.

5. andylsu

Thank you very much for your help!!! Clockworkmod was not installed correctly. I had S-Off, but I think I mistakenly installed another .zip file that messed up Cmod. Reinstalled it and now I am flashing the OTA.
    Thanks again
    Andy