• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem loading widget after USB file transfer operation

queensoft

Mar 8, 2011
Phone: PG P500 Optimus One

Apps in question:
- Battery Solo Widget - I go to Settings > Applications > Battery Solo Widget - there's a grayed out button that says 'Move to SD card', so I guesss app is in phone memory
- Gauge Battery Widget - same as above, so, again, I think app is in phone memory
- Calendar - default Android calendar app, this one has got to be in phone memory
- Alarm clock - default Android Alarm Clock, again, must be in phone memory

Problem: connect phone using USB cable, turn on USB file copy (usual warning saying 'apps wil not work while...'), copy some files to SD card, eject phone from computer, turn off USB file copy, go back to home screens.
The above apps are gone - "Problem loading widget".
Reboot phone, same thing, widgets still not loading.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

PS: Just did a quick test with Gauge Battery Widget. Installed to phone memory, same problem occurs.

PPS: after USB disconnect, I can't even put Gauge Battery Widget on the screen.
Press and hold, go to Widgets, Gauge Battery Widget is not on the list.
Only solution is to re-install the app.
Haven't tried to reboot the phone to check if Gauge Battery Widget is back on the widgets list.

"Apps in question:
- Battery Solo Widget - I go to Settings > Applications > Battery Solo Widget - there's a grayed out button that says 'Move to SD card', so I guesss app is in phone memory
- Gauge Battery Widget - same as above, so, again, I think app is in phone memory
- Calendar - default Android calendar app, this one has got to be in phone memory
- Alarm clock - default Android Alarm Clock, again, must be in phone memory"

yes they are in phone mem. click move to card and they move to card :)

"Problem loading widget". i have same thing with disconnection of card but only with widgets that are on card or have files on card (like picture viewer that uses pic on card) but they load in max one minute..

you have this problem with the app on phone and on card?

Upvote 0
Default stock Android Calendar and Alarm Clock apps are on the phone memory.
They do not have any files on the card (no alarms are set).
Why should I move them to the card ?
You just said you have the same problem if the apps are on the card !!
They are not "magically" fixed even after 30 minutes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones