"Problem Loading Widgets" After Every Reboot - BBV0.2 and LauncherPro

Last Updated:

1. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Every time I reboot my phone, any widgets that were on my screens prior to the reboot will have the "Problem loading widget" message when the phone boots back up.

I'm running BBv0.2 with the Clean Black theme by Team Chaos. Using Chevy 1ghz and LauncherPro home replacement.

All of the widgets apps are stored on the phone's internal storage, NOT on the SD card.

Is this a common issue? I have the sneaking suspicion that LauncherPro might be the culprit. Every time I boot up, upon the initial opening of the lock screen the default Froyo launcher comes up. I have to hit the home button and wait a few moments before my LauncherPro screens come up.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. ryanbump

ryanbump Member

delete. i don't read well.

3. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Running Launcher Pro on BB v.2 w/no issues w/Widgets (Beautiful Home, Pandora, Google News, Youtube, Network widget, SetCPU, NPR player, CalWidget...).

No theme applied...

4. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

figured it out. had to move LauncherPro off the SD card (duh lol)

aviralmsharma and D13 like this.
  5. aviralmsharma

aviralmsharma New Member

Yup! Since it says, "Preparing SD Card", it has already done the widget loading part. Hence the error, "Error loading widget"

6. tom1l21

tom1l21 Member

My widgets (beautiful widgets, setcpu,xiialive, etc) take at least 15 secs to load after it says,"preparing sdcard". I have 0 apps installed on the sdcard. Any ideas?

7. aviralmsharma

aviralmsharma New Member

Which phone do you have and how many Widgets ?
    Also, whats the speed of microSD card (Class 2/4/6) ?

8. tom1l21

tom1l21 Member

Well instead of doing a test to see for myself I was being a noob. Took out the sd card and all widgets took same amt time to load again. In addition to the widgets listed above, I also use the torch,launcher pro calendar and twitter widget too. Perhaps lots of widgets just take a lot of time to load.

Using evo in cm6. Not sure of card speed tho but seems to be non sdcard related. Thx for quick reply!

9. aviralmsharma

aviralmsharma New Member

cool !

10. log3an

log3an Member

Not having LauncherPro installed, i moved the problem widget apps and got the same error. the google search result after this one pulled up:

"Go to applications management and see if the apps with widgets are installed on the SD card. If they are, move them to phone. Then reboot or unmount/remount the SD card.

After that, set up your widgets and they should stay. If apps with widgets are installed on the SD card they "break."

That was it.

On a related note, ive found that after flashing my rom(Cm6), some widgets are missing from the widget selection even though theyre installed. i had to un then re-installed the apps from the market to get the widgets to appear, removing apps any other way didnt work.